Job Title: Registered Nursing Officer
Job Summary: Provide efficient, effective, quality nursing services to patients following established protocols.
- Ensure effective management of the process of receiving, registration, triaging and examination of patients.
- Participate fully in the overall patient care and implementation of patients’ care in the unit.
- Examine patients and have all lab tests done and results carefully read; and interpret reports, investigations and make nursing diagnosis appropriately.
- Ensure that any side effects from the prescribed treatment are quickly identified and handled appropriately.
- Ensure that progress reports on the patients’ condition are well maintained.
- Work closely with other nurses and the medical social workers in providing advice to patients concerning diet, hygiene, and how/methods for taking the medicines.
- Ensure timely provision of information to supervisors, co-workers and subordinates by most appropriate means
- Manage preparation of regular CME presentation.
- Dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in line with established procedures.
- Ensure compliance with policies, operating/administrative procedures, and systems established for the facility
- Ensure that equipment, machines, and tools being used are in working and serviceable condition and are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Facilitate regular departmental team meetings to promote communication and information sharing, discuss performance standards and compliance, staffing, monitor general trends in patient complaints and other concerns and/or developments.
- Ensure that staff understand and promote emergency and evacuation procedures in line with relevant regulations and/or requirements.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Valid registration certificate and practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 1st February 2021