Job Title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Role Mission: Lead and implement continuous improvement projects within the organization.
Job Description – Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Develops plans, schedules and budgets for continuous improvement projects
- Responsible for planning and execution of continuous improvement activities
- Coordinates and reports on CI projects; timelines and budget
- Leads and drives completion of projects on time with limited supervision
- Work closely with support teams to analyse the impact of all issues and propose preventive actions
- Develop structures to measure and analyse plant effectiveness
- Develop structures to measure and analyse plant capacity and utilization
- Analyse and report on;
○ Adherence to timelines for continuous improvement projects
○ Adherence to timelines for short and medium term corrective actions
○ Process cycle efficiencies
○ Costs of poor quality
○ Losses due to lack of mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Provide recommendations and lead projects on;
○ Improving cycle efficiencies
○ Reducing costs of poor quality
○ Improving mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
○ Improving maintenance
- Host Kaizen workshops
- Implement lean manufacturing to continually improve the production process
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results
- Lead improvement of existing procedures and instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management
- Advanced degree preferred
- Six Sigma certification is desirable
- 2+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 7th February 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.