Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Maintenance Engineer Associate 2 – Automotive to join our Operational Excellence Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands on maintenance of machinery
- Provide support in the resolution of breakdowns
- Develop and update Standard Maintenance Procedures
- Liaise with the supervisor in the implementation of the problem solving tools
- Implement corrective and preventive actions within the allocated timelines
- Conduct RCA on all breakdowns”
- Share daily reports on maintenance activities for all assets
- Ensure all maintenance issues are logged
- Propose improvements to the manager
- Calculate and track MTBF and MTTR for all equipment
- Refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability”
- Coordinate with the requesting teams in conducting Preventive Maintenance and resolving Breakdowns
- Coordinate with the requesting teams in conducting operator assessments and training
- Proactively contributing to conflict resolution through open and honest discussions, reporting unresolved conflict to your Supervisor or Talent Partner
- Maintain a cordial working relationship with teammates”
- Work with existing vendors within the established relationship
- Suggest new vendors to the manager or supervisor”
- Develop a monthly and weekly schedule for operator and technician assessments and training.
- Refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability
- Share ideas on how to standardize and improve maintenance data
- Share ideas on how to improve maintenance processes
- Implement improvement ideas and share feedback.
- Escalate in advance when facing blocks. “
- Keeping track of the maintenance expenses for all assets
- Ask questions and listen to items escalated by the operators in order to understand issues with the assets
- Provide feedback to operators on usage of assets
- Ask for feedback from stakeholders (operators and managers) to improve the maintenance performance”
- Execute tasks within the existing processes and policies
- Share a report of team failures and learning derived from them
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Automotive Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience maintaining the following; SAME tractors, Toyota forklifts, Hino trucks, Mutsubishi trucks, Isuzu trucks and Generators (Perkins)
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Monday 25th January 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Sanergy does not charge to review your application or interview.