Job Title: Field Services Sales Director – East Africa
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management.
We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Field Services Division for the role of Services Sales Director.
The Field Services Sales Director will be a member of the East Africa management team and will be responsible for leading and growing Field Service (FS) business and organization in East Africa region across all company portfolio, including energy, secure power, cooling, automation for new acquired plant.
Reporting to Field Services Cluster (Anglophone Africa) President, this position is responsible for leading the country Field Services business and organization. It includes corporate strategy deployment, profitable business growth execution including sales/presales, operations, operational marketing, team management (East Africa).
The position holder will be based in our Nairobi office and will cover all East African countries, mainly Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Uganda.
The role is responsible for providing full lifecycle services and solutions for MV, LV, Automation, Drives, Critical Power and Cooling
- Manages the Field Services organization and Leadership team Sales/presales, Marketing, Operations within the defined budget
- Direct reports to country president & member of the country management team
- Drives Performance Management across Field Services organization (in charge of P&L)
- Responsible for implementation of country and functional market strategies as well as monitoring performance against goals
- Adapt go to market Field Services strategy according to local country installed base and country marketing plan (Global accounts, Targeted accounts, proximity accounts).
- Supports & deploys the global Field Services transformation program including all streams and initiatives
- Deploys the Global offer with local adaptation of the value proposition per BU and then per market segment, paying attention to push the new Digital Offers
- Drives profitable business growth, increasing the mix of Service Plans revenue. Drives and secures the plan and execution of the Field Services Campaign
- Develops and grows key SE Relationships with Customers and Channels
- Serves as role model in collaboration between the different functions in Field Services and also with other BU functions locally and with Global Field Services
- Manages team skills evolution to match with business needs (End User coverage) and secure quality in customer service execution
- Develops talents to build a high-performance team, with clear goals with associated KPI for each direct report
- Reports business & operation results on a regular basis
- Is actively participating to the Field Services VP community
- The successful candidate should have a (4) year college degree in engineering. MBA is an added advantage
- At least 10 years technical sales experience in LV/MV, circuit breakers, field services,
- Inside sales experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Energy and/or IT, industry markets is definitively a plus
- Extensive business acumen with strong results orientation
- Experience in managing P&L
- Ability to build a sustainable and reliable relationship with the customer. The concept of Customer Intimacy is critical in Field Services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including C-level customers
- Thorough knowledge of Schneider Electric services offers throughout the Asset Management Life Cycle of the product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools.
- Excellent organizational skills
What to expect @ Schneider Electric?
We provide an environment that is MEANINGFUL, INCLUSIVE and where employees feel EMPOWERED to operate as high performers, while achieving personal fulfilment.
We empower our people to use their judgement, do the best for our customers, and make the most of their energy.
Ours is a flat Organisation with multi hubs across the globe where employees can #Free up energy, #Learn every day and challenge themselves to greater heights with opportunities for internal mobility and Open Talent market. You are part of a leading global player who actively participates in sustainability and care for the
We’ve learned so much throughout 2020, especially when it comes to new ways of working and have taken the positives with us. From 1 January 2021, we have adopted a hybrid working model.
Every employee can work two days(minimum) a week remotely. We continue exploring how we can promote new working models, to both improve performance and ensure the happiness of our people
How to apply