Job Title: Senior Technology Project Manager – Banking Industry
Our client seeks to recruit a well experienced and results oriented Senior Technology project Manager
The senior project lead will be tasked with planning and taking responsibility for the overall programme objectives – providing project management and direction to ensure overall success of programme portfolio by developing programme implementation plans including scope of individual initiatives, goals, scheduling and defined deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define programme success criteria, in collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate programme expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve programme goals.
- Proactively manage the full life-cycle of assigned Technology initiatives, including overall programme plan, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice programme implementation.
- Develop full-scale programme plans and associated communications documents.
- Collaborate to develop, and appropriately execute, a communication strategy, including stakeholder analysis, ongoing communications and adoption plans.
- Capture/analyze and draft information into meaningful MI reports for senior management, stakeholders, team reporting and presentation purposes – determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, troubleshoot problem areas and deliver overall progress reports to senior management.
- Negotiate with department managers, when necessary, regarding the support of required personnel within the organization to ensure individual project continuity through completion.
- Act as the Business Change interface and escalation point for all programme issues/concerns/actions.
- Engage collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritization of delivery.
- Ensure Programme and Project Governance is observed including adherence to defined operational acceptance procedures and testing/approval process.
- Ensure quality Assurance for Audit, Risk and Governance across all the projects in the Programme portfolio.
- Guide and govern suppliers for Programme related activities ensuring they understand and adopt Bank agreed standards and architectures along with adhering to policy and procedures.
- Work across all in-Country functions and act as an interface point between business and Technology
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise projects team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of project management and applicable business functions
- Senior stakeholder management skills (Advanced)
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Established strategic and critical analysis skills (Advanced)
- Knowledge of SDLC Principles and Practices (Advanced)
- Knowledge of programme and project management best practices (Advanced)
- Knowledge of banking and IT practices (Solid)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project Server
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution, Masters preferred.
- Degree level education in an analytical subject would be beneficial
- PMP qualification or other Project Management certification
- Strong familiarity with project management software – MUST be able to demonstrate competency with MS Project 2010+. MS Project Server experience preferred.
- (8+) years’ experience and exposure to the Banking/ICT Industry
- (10+) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Able to display a thorough understanding of technology strategic issues in the financial services sector
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and associated concepts.
- Demonstrable communication and presentation experience;
- Must be able to work under pressure, take clear ownership of issues and projects and drive to ensure a successful closure for the customer, peers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in project financial management – budget preparation and managing to budget;
- Experience working within a Global or Regional role
- Familiarity with ITIL-style management procedures and mainstream project management styles a distinct advantage;
- Experience of financial services preferred.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Technology Project Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.