SoCha LLC Corporate Accountant
Expression of Interest – remote
Company Profile: SoCha, LLC is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) firm researching solutions to the world’s most intractable challenges.
We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius—an IT hub for the Global South.
SoCha is structured to provide same-day responsiveness to our client’s in Africa and Asia, as well as provide thought leadership for strategy development, program design, and management in underdeveloped operating environments.
Since opening in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged MEL services provider that advances innovative methodologies changing the way donors and implementers apply solutions to social challenges.
Background: SoCha, LLC is expanding its corporate operations and is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Corporate Accountant.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position: The Corporate Accountant will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the following accounting functions.
- Reconcile all corporate bank and cash accounts monthly
- Maintain a system for documents and records management
- Responsible for accounts payables
- Support with timekeeping functions including labor cost distributions
- Other corporate accounting tasks
Minimum qualifications and experience
- The successful candidate can work remotely but core workhours will be 8 am – 5pm East African time.
- Minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in an accounting department
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an accounting department for International Development partners preferable USAID implementing partners
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
Salary Range: USD $1,500 – $2,500/ month
Location: Remote, however must work core hours 8am – 5pm East African time (EAT).
How to Apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/hq_corporate-accountant/
Applications Close 15 February 2021.