Job Vacancy: System Developer (Mobile Apps & Portals)
Job Summary: As a Mobile & Apps System Developer, you will be involved in overseeing the entire App & Portal product development process from design to delivering the product to clients.
Reporting Line: This position reports directly to the Head of Technical Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a Mobile Applications Developer, you will be directly responsible for the actual designing, developing, and installing mobile applications and portal-based solutions for target clients within set deadlines and specifications.
- Ensuring that all related activities are well planned, managed and happen within the agreed standards.
- Consulting with users to gain an understanding of desired functionality to define system requirements.
- Making recommendations for additional system enhancements, modifications, and functionality.
- Analyzing current and new programming languages, hardware, and software, to identify possible system applications.
- Developing work plan and time schedules for mobile application projects including outlining phases and hardware/software requirements. Monitoring progress and changes schedule and plan as needed.
- Writing new and/or modifying existing program code and/or job control languages
- Documenting program code, job processes and program modifications.
- Documenting system procedures and guidelines for users.
- Developing training manuals, programs and providing training to users.
- Responding to applications system problems and making necessary corrections and/or modifications to resolve problems.
- Working directly with the other technical team members to ensure seamless integration of mobile and portal solutions to other components of core solutions to meet user requirements.
- Participate in requirements analysis (collaboration with the system implementers) to gain a better understanding of client needs.
- Implementation of system integration that ensures optimal system stability, performance, and reliability.
- Testing software to ensure the code is correct, fixing (‘debugging’) errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the programme until it produces the correct results (Fault finding, diagnosis and fixing of bugs).
- Working with trainers and system implementers to develop technical documentation and user manuals.
- Provide technical documentation of the system design & solution blueprints, data dictionary, database object structure, operating manuals and code documentation that meets industry best practices.
- Conduct rigorous system testing in liaison with Quality Assurance and system implementers.
- Handling user training and first level support for clients.
- Working closely with all project team members such as project managers, implementers, Quality Assurance, support team and Business Development etc.) to ensure successful closure of projects and assigned tasks.
- Assist system Implementers & business analysts during requirements analysis, system design and UAT (Testing the custom and standard solutions in controlled, real situations before going live) phases.
- Continuously researching on new/emerging technology solutions, product releases, upgrades, development platforms, support materials etc. to keep pace with technological changes and to ascertain on their practicality as a product, benefit, and possible usage scenarios for Dynasoft and its clients (e.g., nMicrosoft Dynamics 365).
- Implement product-based research and innovation based on feedback/market research from system implementers. Such innovation will allow for development of applications that meet industry best practices and technology trends (e.g., service – oriented architectures, web and cloud-based applications etc.)
- Working with the client technical lead such as ICT Manager to handle installation of the solution and configuration of user profiles & permissions. For complex installations & configurations, the developer may work with an infrastructure expert.
Academic and professional Qualifications
- At least two to three years’ experience as a Mobile & Apps System Developer in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science/IT/BBIT/Software Engineering)
- Ability to combine or specialize in at least two (2) development lines for example NAV & Mobile or CRM & Mobile.
- Knowledge of database platforms: SQL server, MySQL, Oracle, FoxPro, XML
- Knowledge in Development and Integrations with ERP (Microsoft Dynamics Nav) is a Must.
- Familiarity with SQL Databases preferably Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with an MVC frameworks (Preferably ASP.NET MVC) is a Must.
- Experience with the Development of Native mobile Applications with integrations to Payment Method such as M-Pesa is a Must.
- Enthusiasm for coding, design, and problem solving.
- Understanding and working knowledge of MVC Design patterns and MVC Frameworks.
- Knowledge working with GIT.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability is a Must.
- Proven experience in integrating multiple data sources into a single system is a Must.
- Passion with no “blood and sweat” struggles when handling solutions that require complex database relations, workflows, notifications, 3rd party integrations (e.g., SMS, Payment methods (M-Pesa, Banks), BI, Portals, Apps etc.), trigger-based actions, error reporting, custom report presentations, navigation designs and query features.
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the required minimum qualifications should email their application consisting of Curriculum Vitae with at least three referees with their contact details and copies of academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 5th February 2021.