Job Title: In Market Project Lead
Work Station: Market Based Tz
Working with the Mobile Payment Africa (MPA) Delivery Team the In-Market Delivery Manager is seconded to Markets and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of agreed MPA supported products, projects and services within assigned Market/s.
The In-Market Delivery Manager will act as the Project Manager with responsibility for projects’ delivery. They will work closely with the local market, MPA Product Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts and Solution Architects. They will align local market resources for their defined services to ensure on-budget project delivery satisfaction for their Market’s Group supported projects.
The In-Market Delivery Manager will guide the Markets and lead local project and technical resources. The role holder will also lead the activities to commercialise demand and work with the MPS Programme Managers as the principle communication hub to MPA Governance, Product and Engineering challenges in the Market’s projects.
Finally the role holder will agree with the Programme Manager and guide the Project Management Office on the projects’ overall priorities, programme demand, capacity management, planning and of local Market constraints, dependencies and priorities..
- Delivery of end to end MPS products and services to assigned Markets
- MPA Delivery leadership within assigned Markets to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Project Executive activities for Service Integrator’s project activities in Markets
- Establish and maintain strong relationships up to and including executive level in markets.
- Directly support key market deployments, planning, approval and execution.
- Management and resolution of local project issues, risks and dependencies with local Market teams.
- Escalation management of critical issues to Market and MPA Programme Managers.
- Local resource prioritisation and alignment with MAP Core roadmap.
- Manage Vendor activities to ensure delivery within delegated assigned budgets.
- Implement and maintain productive local Governance for assigned services.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Project Management with international suppliers or markets – minimum 3 years
- Project Management – PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or equivalent
- Communication and relationship management experience to executive level – 3 years
Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification – ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Regulated industry experience
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP
- Degree Qualification – Preferably STEM
Key Performance Indicators:
- Project leadership and capacity to drive project choices and implement them (ambitious and competitive).
- Ability to operate in a multinational environment to Executive Management level with good communication skills (one company & local roots).
- Time to Market for MPS Products and Services.
- Continued focus on Simplicity and Speed to reduce project transfer time.
- Integrity and openness to build trust and be trusted across different cultures.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.