WANANCHI GROUP (K) Ltd
Job Title: RETENTION TEAM LEADER
Department: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Location: NAIROBI, KENYA
Position Reporting to: RETENTION MANAGER
Manages Others: YES
Titles & Number of Positions Managed:
- OUTSOURCED HEADCOUNT
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Business Unit Retention Manager, Retention Team Leader will be responsible for customer management under the follow focus areas.
- Customer retention, loyalty, and revenue growth
- Analysis, Reporting and Feedback
- Client services support in a timely manner and within defined SLAs
- Continuous Process Improvement in service delivery processes, performance and products
- Subscriber billing, payment channels and retention processes
- Team leadership
Key Responsibilities will include:
1. Achieve budgeted business goals in the key customer retention KPI’s (revenue, paying base, ARPU, timely payment, NPD/Churn reversals, non-payer disconnects, churn).
2. Lead the creation of different Customer Experience feedback tools. Define, plan and execute Customer Satisfaction Surveys and NPS type KPI’s, analyzing results and implementing improvement plans.
3. Develop a detailed strategic roadmap that leads toward the implementation of a continuous enhancement of customer satisfaction.
4. Research, analyze and monitor metrics and customer segments to uncover and capitalize on retention, win-back, up-selling and ARPU enhancement opportunities.
5. Manage the team to provide exceptional service at all times and provide a benchmark of service delivery to be used by all other departments within the organization.
6. Develop tools such as questionnaires and surveys aimed at recognizing customer needs and developing proactive mechanisms of meeting and surpassing these needs.
7. Manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner as well as ensuring that customers are advised of the most appropriate delivery channels to meet their needs.
8. Tie retention to customer support touch points in an effective and efficient manner so as to provide a seamless and one point of support to all our clients.
9. Daily monitoring of the customer complaints register to ensure constant update and timely resolution whilst compiling feedback on recurrent issues for management information use.
10. Guide the team to develop a professional work ethic and motivate staff by ensuring that they are properly and promptly recognized.
11. In conjunction with the Retention Manager, agree on challenging performance objectives and measures for the team, providing regular feedback on achievements and opportunities to improve.
12. Pursue team and personal development to increase effectiveness/efficiency, acknowledging strengths and areas of development as well as share knowledge experience and best practice with other team members.
13. Assisting the marketing team in the management and implementation of new product launches via advertising to existing and potential clients by use of the key modes of communication
14. Contribute to product development and improvement through continuous feedback analysis collected from clients.
Key Performance Indicators:
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND NEEDED
- University Degree in a Business related field. An MBA would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of Customer management experience, with at least 3 years at senior level.
- Experience of managing and driving service improvement whilst managing multiple stakeholders within a similar contact centre
- Experience in Call Centre Service Activities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge and experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting periodical reports, and technical procedures.
- Experience in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, management and customers.
- Experience in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER VITAL QUALITIES
- Planning and organization.
- Ability to project a positive image for him/ herself and the company.
- Good team player with a commitment to value based leadership.
- Results- oriented.
- Credibility and flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels.
- Highly adaptable and versatile.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work unsupervised in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to motivate staff through leadership.
- Ability to handle a high stress environment positively.
- Ability to create good and strong work ties cross departmentally
- Committed to quality, customer service, equal opportunities and diversity, best practice and best value
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates to send updated CV to email@example.com with the respective job title ”Retention Team Leader” as the subject line not later than 23rd January, 2021.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.