Wells Oil Ltd is a company based in Western Kenya Region (HQ in Kisumu) majorly involved in the distribution and retail of petroleum, lubricants and LPG.
We seek to recruit a hands-on and result-oriented individual for the Assistant Operations Manager position to support the Operations Manager.
- Negotiating with external suppliers for better prices.
- Prepare purchase budgets, source for spares and Supervise daily purchase of goods and services.
- Report on purchases, track and report key functional costs to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Monitor company purchases, deliveries and spending to determine if goods are defective or not meeting performance demands specifically for logistics and ICT dept.
- Oversee monthly stock take exercises for logistics dept and occasionally for IT dept.
2. Supply chain
- Ordering of white goods through the KPC Open tender system.
- Following up on purchases through the KPC Open tender system.
- Following up of invoices, allocations, adjustment of stock entitlement and other related documents from supplier.
- Working closely with the Clearing agent to ensure that taxes and paid in good time to avoid penalties.
- Filling of purchase documents and sending daily updates on KPC purchases.
- Monitoring of stocks at KPC
- Review weekly field reports pegged on approved itinerary, evaluate sales projections and offer recommendations.
- Evaluate/appraise and motivate SMEs in liaison with the HR dept.
- Establish and review sales and marketing goals/targets based on past performance and market forecasts (annually and on need basis).
- Track all marketing and sales data measure and create comprehensive monthly reports for presentation to management.
- Manage communication, updates and complaints mechanism from customers in liaison with the CRO(s), and SMEs and provide necessary support.
4. Business Development and Strategy
- Facilitate implementation of marketing strategies for the company in line with company strategic goals.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and suppliers
5. Brand positioning, promotions and research
- Planning and presenting concepts on promotional campaigns at least quarterly.
- Lead the execution of marketing promotions and campaigns from start to finish, measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns and assess against goals
- Carry out market share surveys semiannually in liaison with team to analyze growth trend and impact of competition for decision making.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management / procurement and logistics management or business management.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in operations management.
- Highly Organized, Excellent Planning and Organization Skills, Good time manager, Excellent Communication Skills-both written and verbal, Leadership Skills, Good negotiator, Team player; Strong Problem-Solving Skills; Analytical and Attention to Detail; Result oriented, Reporting Skills.
If you meet the above requirements send your application and detailed CV only to;
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager,
Wells Oil Ltd,
P.O. Box 3936 40100
OR Email – firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject – Assistant Operations Manager)
Application deadline: 15th January 2021
(Pay indicator ksh 60,000)
We always endeavor to make contact with all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline, kindly acknowledge that your application was not successful on this occasion but may be considered in future.