SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit suitably qualified persons to become;
Youth Care Co-Worker for SOS CV KE based in Nairobi
Key Functions of the Job
The Youth care co-worker will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Create strong partnerships with government, corporates and professional mentors leading to internships, job shadowing and possible employment opportunities.
- Guide youth through formal learning programs and acquisition of professional skills, competencies and experiences in readiness for the job market.
- Oversee youth development work including leaving care and after care
- Encourage youth participation in day to day operations
- Establishes meaningful linkages between youth, administrative office and SOS Parents
- Takes direct responsibility of youths’ welfare as structured
- Generates youth program reports
- Maintains and updates location youth data in line with data protection measures
- Proactively supports youth development and transition process to independent living
- Ensures that child/youth safety guidelines are implemented to the latter
- Carries out youth administrative and liaison work at the location
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- A degree in Social Sciences and any other related courses in youth development programs
- Skills and knowledge in Youth Entrepreneurship development will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience working with youth focused organization/s for a minimum of 3 years.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Manager to reach us on or before 25th January 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality