Our client, Construction and General supplies provider seeks to recruit a Business Development & Tender Officer, Nairobi
Salary: Kes 50,000
Job Summary: The position holder will be responsible for all tendering processes of the organization and ensuring business expansion through sourcing of new clients for the Company products and services.
Job Description / Requirements
- Filling, preparing, and submitting both technical and commercial documents for advertised tenders from different clients.
- Ensuring that the tender documents are properly printed, bound and availed to be submitted to clients in time.
- Identify and manage all the pre-qualifications and present them to the management for review and approval prior to final submission.
- Attend sites, pre-bid meetings and opening of… tender events when required.
- Coordinates and communicates proposal document delivery and cost requirements to the key support functions to meet proposal due dates while raising, tracking and documenting issues.
- Ensures all relevant documentation for bid proposals is complete and accurate.
- Identify and manage all the pre-qualifications and present them to the management for review and approval.
- Following Advertisements (Invitations to Tender/ EOIs etc.).
- Maintaining hardcopy and softcopy records and login details of all submitted tenders.
- Follow up with non-awarded tenders so as to improve Company’s quality standards.
Business Development Duties
- Prepare written proposals, financial proposals and attach all the relevant documentation.
- Sourcing for relevant tenders
- Target appropriate customers
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Networking, calling and visiting potential customers.
- Degree/ Diploma in any field
- Experience Level: Mid-level
- Certificate/Diploma in sales and Marketing or equivalent.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Tendering.
- At least 1 year experience in Business development.
- Good understanding of Tender Management Process.
- Excellent Communication (verbal & written) and Negotiation Skills.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit for the above role send your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com by COB 5th February 2021.
Due to the urgency, application will be reviewed as they come in
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.