Job Title: IT Officer
Reporting to: Director
Job Summary: IT Officer will be responsible for analyzing and creating computer information systems and applications to manage systems information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and advise of all IT related goods and services.
- Ensure that the IT policy is in accordance with the company’s business policy and is responsible for maintaining the technology standards of the company while providing for its technical needs.
- To maintain and create backup data for the database system and for internal servers of the company;
- Provide technical expertise and support for all company departments regarding applications and information system issues and are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all software
applications, especially all data related to the business of the company.
- Prepare budget for the IT department and oversee budget spending accordingly;
- Support of all computer desktops, laptops, equipment and servers to maintain their integrity and support and service of product development and research of IT related matters, especially outside networking. They liaison and brainstorm with staff regarding issues like LAN, internet connections like dial up networking and remote dial up.
- Evaluate new software and hardware making sure they comply with company standards and regulations;
- Trouble shoot hardware, software and network operating systems as well as configure servers, firewall, switch and other networked hardware equipment for small local area networks
- Respond to all staff IT-related emergencies and provide all staff networks with troubleshooting support including but not limited to diagnosis and resolving end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and e-mail, internet, remote access and local-area network problems.
- Liaise with the ISP as required to ensure continued availability of the Internet
- Network routing, and all other internal and external network communications systems.
- Provide technical advice to the management in decisions relating to the strategic use of IT and make recommendations on acquisition and deployment of new and existing technologies.
- Maintain the staff’s e-mail accounts using mail server software on local servers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University Degree and or Diploma in information systems/computer sciences, or equivalent knowledge, required.
- Three years’ professional experience managing an office network.
- Experience administering an office network, including ISP relations and remote user connectivity.
- Will be required to demonstrate competence in networking systems (LAN, WAN and CISCO etc.) as well as network access control systems, firewalls, routers.
- Will be required to have had sufficient experience managing an ERP system.
- Will also be expected to have professional qualifications in either CCNA+, CNP, CENA, MSCE, CISA or Database qualifications SQL, DBMS, RDMBS etc.
- Specialization in TCP/IP protocol is required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com on or before 28th February 2021 with the subject, IT OFFICER.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.