Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Web Developer in the IT department.
Job Ref: HR-WD-02-2021
Reporting to the Digital Operations Manager, the job holder will be responsible for back-end programming for websites, which includes setting up web content management system (WCMS) as well configuring and maintaining the publicly accessible websites.
- Working closely with Project Managers and other members of the development team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines. and to ensure the timely completion of deliverables.
- Integrating design templates with Content Management System (CMS):
- Configuring web servers, application servers and databases.
- Developing web functionality and applications.
- Bug fixing and documenting.
- Running maintenance on databases and servers: and
- Working with diverse teams to develop the Digital business.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Experienced developer in more than 1 Object Oriented programming languages – Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, C#/C++
- Skilled and knowledgeable in any of the Java5cript development frameworks — Reat, Angular or Node.
- Clear understanding of MVC and MVC frameworks such as Spring/Laravel
- Understanding of HTTP protocol (method/response codes), REST/RESTful web services and SOAP
- Understanding of JSON or XML
- Basics of security and authorization frameworks such as OAUTH and API Keys
- Basics of a persistence framework like Spring/Hibernate
- Ability to access the best technology to use in a protect;
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills: and
- Experience in working with a CMS will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at https://www.natlonmedta.com/careers/ on or before February 26, 2021.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.