JOB ADVERTISEMENT: PLANT ELECTRICIAN
An agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers is looking for a qualified and competent individual for the above position.
The purpose of this position is to assist the factory packhouse and biogas operations on all electrical and electronic maintenance services.
The ideal candidates should meet the following minimum qualifications and be immediately available for the specified tasks.
1. University degree or diploma in an electrical engineering or electrical process control.
2. Performs maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting work involved with all electrical systems on 3 phase -1000kw
3. Take lead in preparing critical electrical stock items based on need.
4. Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment
5. Installs, repairs both processing plant electrical equipment, pumps, generators, and building electrical installations
6. Reads and interprets all electrical diagrams with ability to make identifications provisions / modifications and recommendations
7. Keep production machineries, generators, pumps and electrical systems, power in safe working order.
8. Diagnose electrical faults problems repair or replace defective parts.
9. Prepare and Conduct preventive maintenance as per schedule
10. Exercise teamwork with other maintenance and production personnel on problem resolution
11. Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations.
12. Knowledge refrigeration /cold room repairs will be added advantage .
1. Support the technical department in production, Packhouse and biogas department on all electrical maintenance and interventions required
2. Regularly conduct surveys and machine audits to ensure they are in sound working conditions
3. Develop corrective action plans where faulty machines are noted and follow up with heads of department to ensure the faulty machines and equipment are repaired on time.
4. Prepare weekly reports on accomplished tasks and make recommendation on actions requiring urgent attention.
5. Other duties assigned by the Production manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application which should include a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting an understanding of the required qualification and tasks to
The cover letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th February 2021.
Only those meeting the mentioned competency should apply.