Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Warehouse Assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that every Friday the goals assigned to you are broken down into weekly and daily schedule using the tools provided for better planning of the following week.
- Share with Manager Agenda for the meeting before the actual meeting to plan well and document the discussions during the check ins and document the discussions during the check ins and post check in follow up to ensure you receive support. manage casual process including supervising them during engagement at the warehouse.
- Ensure health and safety of warehouse staff in the warehouse at all times. Monitor stock levels and make triggers at the re-order point and advise on re-order level adjustments.
- Always attend all meetings you are invited and contribute fully by sharing some of the challenges faced in the warehouse with the stakeholders so as to get positive solutions to such problems.
- During the WH/Procurement and CAPA meetings share areas of improvement needed in the warehouse i.e Delivery timeliness, Stock outs, Procurement requests.
- Actively attend and contribute on weekly operational meetings and build relationships with other colleagues to meet their needs. Assist colleagues at all times and have open discussions by activley practicing best managers practices of actively asking questions, precision listening, giving feedback and asking for feedback
- Build strong relationships with existing pool of vendors within the established relationship set up by the Procurement team
- Ensure that you follow the plans shared by your manager and update on the progress withouth being prompted to do so and use tools shared to produce quality results
- Review the SOPs being developed an actively contribute new ideas to make the instructions in your unit or department standardized, simple, and clear to increase quality of outputs.
- Use and handle assigned company assets as per set policy
- Diploma/Degree in Warehouse Management/ Purchasing and supplies
- More than 1 year of experience in a warehouse management / purchasing related role
- Experience working in a fast paced environment will be an added advantage
- Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please submit HERE a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 19th February 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Kindly also indicate your salary expectations.
SANERGY DOES NOT CHARGE APPLICANTS AT ANY POINT OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.