HJF Medical Research International, Inc
Job Title: Strategic Information (SI) Manager
Henry Jackson Foundation for Medical Research International (HJF MRI) HIV Program-Kisumu West in collaboration with the USMRD-A, ¡s seeking to fill the above position.
HJFMRI conducts HIV / AIDS vaccine and therapeutic research and supports HIV prevention care and treatment programs in Seme and Kisumu West Sub counties of Kisumu County.
The incumbent is responsible to oversee Strategic Information (SI) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) portfolio ot Kisumu West (KW) program which entails three sub-partners and 25 facilities.
He ensures that all PEPFAR reporting and monitorng requirements are met to incude MHRP improving MHRP / IHPT Performance Analytics Coheson & Transparency (IMPACT) and Data or Accountability Transparency and Impact (DATIM), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) while providing support to the county and partners in ensuring that accurate and timely data is entered into the DHIS2 and ADT systems.
The incumbent works closely with facilities and partners to provide technical assistance and guidance for Quality data entry and data analysis to inform program staff in key decision-making.
The incumbent coordinates closely with the SI PEPFAR HJFMRI and SI Directors to comply with PEPFAR and the International HIV Prevention and Treatment Department (IHPT) reporting demands.
This position supervises one M&E staff.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Records / Health Information / Computer Science / Computer Studies / Statistics or closely related degree from accredited institution of learning. A Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years experience working with PEPFAR data reporting M&E or Strategic Information activites
- Experience in supervision and oversight of staff to include capacity building
- Certficate training in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strong working knowledge in MS Excel and MS Access is a MUST
- Must have working knowledge in DHIS2
- Strong knowledge of the current EMR in Kenya
- Knowledge in MOH and PEPFAR Program reporting tools, indicators etc is imperative
Additional Job Requirements
- Training in and experience with Quantitative data analysis software SPSS or STATA
- Good understanding of Public Heath issues particularly HlV/AIDS and TB
- Excellent knowledge of the Kenya Heatth structure-from national, county to sub-county level
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Good communcation and capacity building skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to work for long hours, muititask and prioritize work and time to meet deadlines
Terms of Employment:
One-year contract renewable on annual basis subject to availability of funding. The first three months will be probabtion period.
How to Apply
Submit a CV, mandatory cover letter, testimonials and list of references as attachments in a zipped folder with the applicants name and send to email@example.com by 19th February 2021.
The email suject should be “PEPFAR SI Manager”.
Kindly include current and expected salary and your earliest date of availability on the cover letter.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.