Exciting Dairy and Juice (FMCG) Career Opportunities
Dairy & Juice Manufacturing Manager
Our client is a leading Dairy and Juice Manufacturer in Somaliland.
Their products dominate the Somaliland Market with a host of UHT Dairy and Juice brands.
In their drive for continued growth, pursuit of excellence and market share growth, they seek to recruit an experienced, qualified, dynamic, results oriented, energetic and self driven individual for the Position of Dairy & Juice Manufacturing Manager.
Job title: Dairy & Juice Manufacturing Manager
Reports to: FMCG Director
Salary Range: USD 5,000-7,000 Net
No of Positions: (1) one
Location: Hergeisa, Somaliland
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedure to aid and improve operational performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization General and Task Management.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimizing costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis.
- Update the production plan on a daily basis.
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met.
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) through appropriate data analysis.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess on going performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Compliance to Statutory Health and Safety and Environment.
- Compliance to Statutory Food Laws.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Performing any other task as may be assigned from time to time by Management.
Qualifications and work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy Technology, Food Technology, Production Technology, Business Management or related field.
- Post graduate or professional diploma in Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience especially in milk & Juice production set up.
- Sound knowledge of business management, finance, industrial engineering and human resource management principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing and ensuring compliance to, quality systems production standards and health and safety standards.
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented.
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice.
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader.
- Must have management skills.
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines.
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication.
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have knowledge and proficiency in use of MS office packages.
- Working on weekends and public holidays when required
- A physically demanding job
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Type of contract
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: $ 5,000-7,000 Per Month, Tax Free
- Light, water and internet will be paid by company
- Company will provide 3 meals days.
Accommodation: The staff will stay onsite in factory premises; the company will provide onsite accommodation.
- Company will provide 2 return economy tickets in year to your home country.
- Company will give 30 calendar days paid leave in a year.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful management career move in manufacturing/processing, apply in confidence by submitting your CV to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Kindly indicate the Job Title in your application subject line and indicate your availability/notice period.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st March 2021.
Shortlisting will be carried out on a rolling/ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visa and reporting travel arrangements will be done by the company.