Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a chartered private Christian University sponsored by the Methodist Church in Kenya.
The vision is to be a world class University raising a generation of professionals and transfromational leaders.
The University has its main campus situated in the outskirts of Meru town with campuses at Nairobi and Mombasa.
We would wish to invite qualified applicants for the following position:
Head of ICT
We would wish to invite qualified applicants for the position of the Head of ICT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Administration planning & Finance you will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership, technical direction and vision for ICT implementation in the University
- Provide support to Virtual and Blended learning;
- Manage ICT staff by conducting and facilitating training, inducting employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Plan and coordinate all IT functions in the University and ensure all campuses are provided with required ICT facilities.
- Develop, document and revise policies, procedures and standards for ICT systems and processes.
- Establish efficient and effective ICT systems and processes in the University;
- Integrate ICT into University’s operations and institutionalize automated systems for performance management;
- Establish and implement effective ICT security, risk management, and data recovery strategies for the University;
- Ensure alignment of user needs and system functionality.
- Plan to eradicate the risk of data loss, breach of privacy and confidentiality for the University;
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Prepare status reports on ICT in the University
- Ensure professional standards and guidelines are adhered to in ICT operations.;
- Undertake periodic review of the ICT projects and procedures and recommended improvement;
- Prepare and execute medium plan and annual budget for the ICT department;
Qualifications and Experience
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Security, Information Security, Digital Forensics or any other related field;
- Professional Certifications: MCSE, CCNP, CERT, CISA, CISM, or any other relevant certifications
- 6 years experience 3 of which should be at a supervisory level.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Windows Server and Linux Server;
- Knowledge and experience in cloud deployment and administration.
Other Skills and Competences
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good systems, analytical and forensic skills.
- Experience in data center management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration or Systems administration and network installation
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send three (3) hard copies AND a softcopy (PDF format) of their application accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
An electronic copy in PDF format send to the Vice Chancellor through the email, firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received on or before 15th, May 2021.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.