EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Regent Group is a leading real estate consultancy firm in the East Africa region. Regent is a brand in Valuation, Project Management, Property Management and Facilities Management Consultancy.
We have built an excellent reputation and earned the trust of a number of the country’s leading property owners.
We command a respectable market share in the property practice.
To consolidate our ambitious growth, we seek to recruit highly qualified, self-driven, energized, highly motivated, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the following position:
Job Grade S8
The role of the Property Manager is to take a lead role in overseeing the day to day management of the properties under your direct management as well as management of client relations.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the individual will also be in charge operations in the properties and well as employ measures to collect and grow the revenue in the properties through recommendation of value addition techniques.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain good relationships with the building’s tenants and occupants
- Act as a liaison between tenants and the landlord
- Implement tenant retention practices
- Implement procedures for handling complaints or requests from building tenants or occupants
- Ensure adherence by tenants to procedures on moving in and out
- Assist tenants, prospective tenants, and the building owners in space planning while maintaining established building standards
- Proper lease administration to ensure compliance by tenants of the provisions of the lease agreements
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the Building Operations Manual as applicable
- Coordinate and oversee fit-out works by incoming tenants and ensure compliance with the building fit-out policy as applicable
- Supervise the building maintenance to ensure the building is operating optimally and all the installations are working properly at all times
- Administer service contracts for all suppliers and vendors
- Oversee supervision of all the service providers on site
- Regularly inspect tenant spaces, common areas and ground areas to ensure maintenance is carried out properly
- Schedule and coordinate regular review meetings with the maintenance team, service providers and vendors
- Receiving and approving work orders from the maintenance team
- Establish and implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Revenue collection and improvement(rent, service charge and any other charge as applicable)
- Update property and tenant information in the ERP in use and regularly update to ensure correctness and accuracy
- Coordinate with the Property Accountant on timely invoicing of tenants
- Put in place and implement rent collection strategies as per the provisions of lease agreements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Undertake market research and surveys
- Prepare the annual property budget and carry out periodic monitoring and reviews
- Recommend revenue-maximizing strategies
- Recommend cost-cutting strategies while ensuring high standards are maintained
- Plan, organize, manage and supervise the functions and activities of the maintenance team including the maintenance electrician and plumber
- Understand the overall working of all the installations and equipment at the property
- Ensure that all the installations on site including fire equipment, and borehole pumps, generators, lifts, mechanical ventilation systems, fire alarm and detection system, BMS system, etc are regularly and properly serviced and are in good working condition at all times
- Supervise the vendors contracted to service all equipment and assets within the building and maintain accurate service schedules for the installations on site
- Maintain operations manuals for all the installations at the property
- Maintain a register of all assets at the property
- Troubleshoot problems with any of the installations and take remedial action
- Establish a preventive maintenance program for repair and maintenance work
- Develop and manage an operational and maintenance budget
- Organize and conduct fire drills for the building’s occupants
- Maintain a Security Operations Manual for use by all on site security personnel to cover duties, individual instructions for each post; attendance; use of security equipment; dress standard; training etc
- Ensure compliance with the security operations manual and other regulations
- Act as the liaison person with the Police, Investigators, County Government and other external stakeholders on security matters
- Act as focal point for any investigations involving security, prepare reports and take follow up action.
- Maintain the security team training plans and ensure that the appropriate level of training is provided for all security staff on disasters; fire safety and bomb procedures; use of technical equipment and routine security duties. Ensure that knowledge is tested several times in a year
- Undertake regular spot-checks around the building with the security services provider.
- Ensure Health and Safety Audits are carried out for compliance
Key Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Business development for financial growth
- Income generation through letting, selling and acquisition.
- Management and Staff Supervision
- A degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or its equivalent.
- At least three year experience
- Full member /Graduate Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (MISK)
Terms: If you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application letter along with detailed CV & testimonials stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts
to reach by 30th April 2021
send documents to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.