World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
OVC DREAMS – Tumikia Mtoto Project
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Technical Lead (DREAMS) – Tumikia Mtoto Project
Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party
Work Location: Nairobi / Kiambu
Purpose of position: Provide technical guidance and oversight in the provision of the DREAMS Core package of interventions for the Tumikia Mtoto Project targeted at reducing Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) vulnerability to HIV.
He/She will design and ensure implementation of DREAMS activities at the community level with respect to OVC aimed at increasing health seeking behaviours, expand access to safe spaces and adolescent-friendly services and improve the overall wellbeing of AGYW and their families.
Technical support and management 50%
- Oversee implementation of innovative, technically sound, evidence-based, sustainable and cost-effective DREAMS core package of interventions to meet the project assigned targets
- Guide in the identification and enrolment of eligible AGYW on the DREAMS Initiative and development of case management plan
- Support roll out and implementation of curriculum-based interventions including; MHMC, HCBF, SHUGA, Family Matters! Programme and steppingstones to the supported AGYW and communities
- Guide implementation of social protection strategy aimed at improving economic potential of the project beneficiaries in effort to reduce risk of HIV in liaison with the Program Coordinator Household Economic Strengthening.
- Lead integration across a range of services for youth within the AGYW to take a holistic, family-centred approach to improving their wellbeing
- Oversee coaching and mentorship for Local Implementing Partner (LIPs) to support DREAMS activities (including joint supportive supervision at County, health facility and community.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Learning 25%
- Work with the MEL unit to develop M&E system relating to the M&E plan ensure availability of data tools, timely data entry to DATIM
- Work closely with Project management and technical leads to assign realistic targets and budget to LIPs for all required and customized indicators
- Guide tracking, analysis and manage periodic target achievements, AGYW linkage opportunities and curricula rollout on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Support review of the project outcomes and utilization of project data to prioritize interventions and for CQI
- Guide development and dissemination of all project deliverables (technical assistance, technical reports, training curricula) in accordance with WVK, USAID, PEPFAR requirements
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual reviews with program teams, LIPs and stakeholders
- Ensure documentation of best practices and innovations for donor engagement
- Ensure timely preparation of periodic reports and project documents in line with the donor and world vision standards
Advocacy, Partnerships, Engagement & Networking 15%
- Engage County stakeholders to ensure that DREAMS beneficiaries receive layered services from multiple implementing partners
- Support functionality of DREAMS coordination structures in the counties, communities, schools and health facilities
- Establish partnership with private sector and County players to increase opportunities of AGYW to employment, internships, concrete entrepreneurial activities and enrolment into higher education
- Engage DREAMS county government and other civil society partners to ensure the provision of a safe space for the identified AGYW
- Participate in DREAMS related Technical Working Groups (TWGs) at National and County levels
- Conduct County government engagements to influence budgeting
Team Management 5%
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team
- Provide technical supervision to the Program Coordinator(s)
- In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development
- Support professional development for supervisees through on job training, off site training among others
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training and technical backstopping etc
- Ensure staff participate in morning devotions and are supported to grow spiritually
- Ensure accountability and performance management including consequence management where necessary
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Health or Social Sciences or any related field, a Master’s degree is desirable
- At least 7 progressive years of experience working in a HIV, RMNCAH, Adolescents programs within PEPFAR funding, 4 of which must be at management level
- Strong knowledge of DREAMS implementation and the evidence behind successful approaches to attaining the Program objectives
- Strong familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID policies, procedures, rules, regulations and reporting requirements for INGO led project
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Kenyan health and community systems & structures, and ability to build and sustain strong relationships with DREAMS stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in collaborative engagement, program planning, knowledge management, facilitation, networking and communication
- Strong budget management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the support and landscape for AGYW issues in Kenya
- Ability to plan and manage work in a logical manner
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, and emotional maturity
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Good negotiation skills
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names pf three referees, current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is April 11, 2021 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted