Job Title: Paediatric Nurse
Reports To: Nurse In Charge
Department: Clinical Operations
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices. Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month.
We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require a Paediatric Nurse.
Reporting to our nurse-in-charge, we are looking for someone highly motivated, caring, dedicated Pediatric Nurse to be responsible for the medical and health care of children.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Certification as a Registered Nurse for Paediatric care
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university / (medical training) college
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in clinical work as a licensed Paediatric Nurse and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all clients
- Experience with neonatal resuscitation after birth (Preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; empathy and the ability to relate to children
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Strong leadership and initiative to solve problems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exercise good judgment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients’ symptoms and medical history for the doctor;
- Assessing a child’s needs and providing initial care;
- Identifying changes in children’s symptoms and intervening in emergency situations;
- Participating in pain management for children;
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines;
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records;
- Monitoring and giving care plan for admitted neonates in the NBU.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child’s illness or injury;
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures;
- Educating general nurses on updated information needed to improve patient outcomes;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: May 9th 2021