Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Reports To: Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologist
Department: Clinical Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: The position seeks experience in maternal and child health and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices.
Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month.
We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require Pharmaceutical Technologists at our new hospital in Umoja.
Reporting to our Doctor In-Charge, you will take on responsibility of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Hold a diploma or degree in pharmacy from a recognized university / college
- Hold an active pharmaceutical technologist license from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Position holder should have at least 6 years’ experience working as a licensed pharmaceutical technologist in a busy pharmacy and experience setting up start up pharmacy operations in a health facility
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the setup and strategy for pharmacy operations in our first maternity, including providing Jacaranda with the necessary licensure;
- Oversee the use of medicines within our facility, in both in and outpatient settings;
- Oversee sales of prescribed medicines to our clients and potentially to external customers;
- Maintain detailed, meticulous records of all use of medicines, especially of controlled substances;
- Design internal and external safeguards regarding storage and dispensing of pharmacy products;
- Additional duties as assigned. (reception)
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: May 9th 2021