Our client is one of the leading pharmacies in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a competent person in the role of Laboratory Technician.
This role is based in Nairobi.
- Interacting with customers and answering questions
- Collecting, receiving, labeling, and/or analyzing samples or substances using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Designing and executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations, and interpreting findings.
- Recording all experimental data and test results accurately and in the specified format (written and/or electronic.)
- Organizing and storing all chemical substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Ensuring that safety guidelines are adhered to at all times within the laboratory.
- Maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Cleaning, sterilizing, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Ordering laboratory supplies, as needed.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with KMLTTB.
- Possess a valid practicing license
- At least 2 years post registration experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org (the email is correct) quoting the job title in the subject line.
Applications close on 20th May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: All interviews will be conducted via Zoom.