Job Title: Production Designer (Leather & Textile bags)
Job Location: Ngong road, Nairobi
About the Company: Manufacturer of high quality contemporary handcrafted leather & textile bags, gift items and accessories.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Discuss the designs with the clients, sales & marketing team and CEO
- Develop sample patterns for approval
- Store and label all the patterns
- Create first sample of the design using second quality materials
- Review the stitched sample for areas of improvement
- Ensure approval is made to make the final agreed revised version
- Take photos of all the products produced daily and share with marketing team
- Research on new concepts
- Develop new concepts and designs
Documentation and reporting
- Document daily production (collate from each of the producers)
- Develop weekly reports for the production on all finished products
- Develop daily report on materials used in the workshop
- Document feedback from the producers
- Provide information on each item amount on materials used
- Provide estimates for each product costing for quotations
- Liaise with clients on design requests
- Support the accounts team on sales and marketing
- Consult with sales and marketing team on challenges regarding products to adopt and make changes
- Support the accounting team on inventory /stock taking
- Undertake field visits to shops to research on clients’ needs and document response regarding company products and or products they are looking for that can be produced
- Diploma/Degree in Product Design & or related courses
- Creative ability and a hands-on approach.
- Computer literacy including three-dimensional conceptual ability and CAD.
- Knowledge of industrial processes, techniques and standards.
- Adaptability; numeracy and analytical ability
- Leadership Skills & organizational ability
- Innovation & Creativity that is in line with customers’ needs and incorporates current trends
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to use Adobe’s creative apps.
- Understanding of branding, packing and delivery presentations.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 11th May 2021.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.