Job Title: Sales Team Leader (Leather & Textile Bags)
Job Location: Ngong road, Nairobi
About the Company: Manufacturer of high quality contemporary handcrafted leather & textile bags, gift items and accessories.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Continually meeting or exceeding sales quotas as set.
- Supervising and guiding the sales team as well as providing incentives as per the company agreed incentive structure
- Monitoring the performance of the sales team
- Ensuring that the all sales records are maintained on a daily basis
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with customers
- Identifying opportunities and strategies to increase sales
- Inform the production team the products to be made for the various clients
- Regularly attending sales meetings and organizing training sessions
- Ensuring that fast moving products are ordered in advance and adequately stocked
- Weekly review of sales progress and identifying challenges for immediate intervention
- Provide guidance on sales team performance and review of capacity limitations
- Performing all duties of the Sales team in cases of absence or emergency
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials
- Create new and exciting strategies and ideas to promote company products internally and externally
- Ensuring all marketing activities are effective, and delivered to plan in a timely manner within budget.
- Review the marketing strategies to ensure they continually contribute to sales growth
- Developing short catalogues for specific markets
- Another duties and responsibilities allocated to you in marketing
- Manage, coordinate and motivate company sales and marketing functions to achieve required sales targets.
- Overseeing the sales staff and developing and implementing strategies to improve company sales.
- Developing strategies to improve sales, effectively handling customer complaints, and assisting with the recruitment of sales staff
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and ensure that sales staff comply with company policies and guidelines.
- Provide weekly plans for consultation and approval
- Provide consolidated sales report and breakdown on weekly basis
- Organize end week coordination and reporting and planning meetings
- Present to the board and advisors whenever called upon
- Approval of leave days for the sales team and schedule planning for the admin to process the same
- Documentation of sales reports for staff motivation as per agreed structure
- Conduct spot checks for company outlets on sales and spending time in the shop and ensure follow up calls have been made to clients
- Organize incentives for repeat clients in the shops
- Organize for seasonal promotions e.g. back to school, father’s day, mother’s day, valentines, Christmas among others
- Provide checks and balances in regards to the company systems and provide advice policy advice on controls
- Document security measures of company items as well as care from breakages and loss
- Understand the production process to inform clients while undertaking orders
- Consult on timelines while making order commitments
- Share drawings from clients with as much details as possible to the production team to enable less loss and wastage
- All products that may have to be outsourced need to be confirmed pricing before committing on process
- Maintain a catalogue of photos for the products made for reference
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 11th May 2021.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.