The Coast Water Works Development Agency is a parastatal (Government Owned and Autonomous) created under the Water Act, 2016 and established through a Gazette Notice No. 59 of 26th April 2019.
The area of jurisdiction of CWWDA covers all the six counties in Coast region namely; Lamu, Tana River, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta.
The mandate of the Board is to ensure efficient and economical provision of water and sewerage services within its area of jurisdiction.
As a water and sanitation infrastructure development agency, CWWDA with Government and donor support (AFD / WB) intends to construct a Water Treatment Plant for injecting to the system 163,000M3 per day of treated water for the benefit of Mombasa and Kwale counties.
The Board wishes to recruit a self-driven, result oriented highly motivated and trainable person to fill the position listed below.
Water Treatment Specialist
Job Group 6
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Reports To: The Principal Civil Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews Designs of Water Treatment Plants, its Associated Processes and Technologies.
- Reviews the Designs, Planning, Coordination and Management Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Processes from the Water Treatment Plant.
- Assists in the Preparation of Tender Documents; Ensures that BOQs and Scope of Works are consistent with the designs for WTP.
- Provides supervision and technical assistance in the implementation of the designs.
- Provides training and technical assistance to QA/QC for tendered works on treatment plants.
- Coordinates the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals for new and rehabilitated WTP and WWTP.
- Coordinates field Operations Specifically by Conducting and managing the field/site visits and detailed assessments of the Water Treatment Plants in operation;
- Conducts Technical Audits of water treatment plants and operating practices.
- Prepares Operational and Maintenance Plans/Schedules, Coordination and Execution of Planned Maintenance for Water Treatment Plants, its Processes, the Associated Terminal Reservoirs/Tanks, etc.
- Manages the Materials and Chemicals Stores Associated with Water Treatment Plants.
- Supervises the Day-to-Day Operation and maintenance of Water Treatment Plants including coordination of Dosing of requirements for Water Treatment Plant Processes.
- Supervises the Water Sampling, Water Quality (WQ) Testing, Recording and Analysis of WQ Results, for both Influent and Effluent to meet the required the Government of Kenya standard and the Preparation of all Outputs to meet Internal and External needs (Regulatory and Other).
- Liaises on behalf of CWWDA with Relevant Government Offices as required including all relevant Regulatory Bodies, and Functions.
- Maintains a continued compliance with OSHA standards.
- Carries out Treatment Plant Performance Analysis and Reporting.
- Prepares Operating budget for the Operation and Maintenance of the Water Treatment Plant including Chemical Budget; Chemical Cost; Labour Cost; Equipment Costs; Flow, Chemical, Control and Electronic Devices, etc.).
- Carries-out additional but related tasks assigned by the Agency.
- A First Degree in Civil or Chemical and Process Engineering with 5 years of experience in Water Treatment Plant Operation and Maintenance (with Minimum Daily Water Production Capacity above 30,000 m3/day).
- Experience in WTP Design and Construction Project Management as a member of a Contracting Authority.
- Willing to stay in Mombasa to Supervise the Design and Construction and Operation of the Water Treatment Plant for a minimum of 3-4 years after completion
- Registered by the Engineers’ Registration Board of Kenya and be a corporate member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters and attach their current Curriculum vitae that contains details of their qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role.
Should also include day and evening phone numbers, email address as well as names and address and telephone numbers of three professional referees.
Applicants can either email their applications
to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
or send the applications to;
The Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Works Development Agency
P.O. Box 90417 – 80100
Physical Address: Mikindani Street, Off Nkurumah Road (MSA)
Or hand delivered
to be received on or before 17th May 2021 by 4.30 pm
Points to Note
i) All shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. In regard to this, the candidates should obtain clearance certificate from:
a) Kenya Revenue authority
b) Criminal investigation Department
d) Credit reference bureau
e) EACC clearance certificate
ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Coast Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.