Greengro International Ltd
We are a company in Agribusiness and seeking to recruit a Quality Controller – Herbs.
The position holder will be responsible for inspection of all farm produce to ensure that they meet the quality requirements.
Implement and monitor procedures, standards and specifications aimed at meeting a company’s and clients food quality goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare reports on quality status to relay to owners and upper-level management and keep records of all tests and inspections that have been conducted.
- Developing and reviewing existing safety and quality policies,
- Monitors the processes to verify food safety, quality, and sanitation performance and ensure compliance with set standards.
- Inspecting the workplace for compliance and identifying any areas of concern,
- Provides support for achieving compliance to company requirements.
- Selects and manages third-party auditing services to validate supplier compliance. Uses auditing data to identify risks and opportunities for improvement for each supplier.
- Monitors effectiveness of ongoing training program on in-store safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Ensure compliance to all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and cleanliness standards at the farm including proper use of PPES by staff
- Supervise the staff on quality and sanitation functions, providing training on food safety, sanitation, product quality and specifications.
- Inspect products to ensure they are safe and of a high quality before releasing them to the market.
- Monitor pest control at the farm and discusses all pest control problems with Agronomists.
- Use a checklist to confirm products are packaged safely, and have expiration dates and instructions about storage and use.
- Ensure that all the instructions related to hygiene, health and safety are carried out without fail.
- To understand and implement a quality management system as required.
- Ensuring that the packhouse and the cold storage areas are always clean
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Review customer feedback and respond to any complaints.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Agriculture
- Atleast 2 years as a QC in a farm producing Herbs
- Have cutting-edge analytical skills,
- The ability to identify problems in products,
- A keen eye for details and consistent study on quality-related issues.
- Familiar with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system
- Assimilate new information quickly and react positively to new and challenging opportunities
- Familiarity with food regulations
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th June 2021