Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Reports to: CEO
Role / Purpose: BeautyClick (Africanhair Plc) is a fast-growing e-commerce business selling beauty products. This Chief Marketing Officer role is a superb opportunity to join an exciting company in a fast growing phase.
As Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for our overall product and marketing strategy. You must be both analytical and creative as you will be required to manage our product portfolio, provide creative direction and coordinate all marketing efforts within the business.
You will work hand in hand with other stakeholders such as partner brands. You will also mentor and manage a marketing team.
Summary of overall Key roles & responsibilities:
- “Listen” to the trends of the market and use insights to grow our product portfolio
- Create and present the annual marketing plan and product strategy to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
- Continuously iterate and improve the company’s marketing strategy as the company grows and expands.
- Work with existing and new brands to design, plan and execute feasible marketing campaigns and oversee their day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product portfolio development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Build and manage the performance of a highly efficient and creative digital and offline marketing team
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- Use data to provide insights on product and category performance, identify opportunity gaps and areas where growth is possible.
- Determine and track KPIs for marketing department and present reports
- Keep the marketing budget in check
- The ideal candidate requires a good sense of management and analytical skills to effectively plan projects and ensure their proper execution.
- Agile and flexible to manage a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- An eye for detail
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Excellent people skills
- Tech savvy and interested in digital marketing
- The ideal candidate for this exciting Chief Marketing Officer should have proven experience as CMO, marketing manager, category manager, brand manager or a similar role preferably in an e-commerce or retail environment
- You should have demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for businesses
- Experience working with key stakeholders e.g suppliers, retailers etc
- Experience leading the day-to-day work of a diverse marketing team
- Familiarity with key web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of e-commerce KPIs and growth metrics
- Experience working with an e-commerce brand or leading a digital marketing team would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Please forward all applications to email@example.com with the subject “Chief Marketing Officer”.