Job Vacancy: Chief Accountant
Job Location: Mombasa
Job Purpose: To ensure that financial and accounting records and reporting conform to the acceptable international standards and that the finance accounting staff are managed well.
- To oversee the day to day running of Finance Section;
- To ensure compliance with company’s & group policies, tax authorities and other regulatory bodies;
- To check/authorise all payments ensuring the two/three- way match where applicable;
- To check/authorise journal vouchers;
- Analysis of business performance drivers;
- To supervise and ensure proper interface of all records from the operations system into the financial system;
- To manage creditors accounts with view of ensuring that purchases/supplies are obtained at the best possible prices and of the right quality, that supplies are received as ordered, and to authorise payment to suppliers only for genuine supplies;
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the invoicing process and manage interface between operations and finance systems;
- To ensure that debts are collected within the stipulated credit limits and/or periods;
- Ensure all monthly tax returns are files on time and instalment tax paid on time;
- To oversee and/or participate in the reconciliation of bank accounts, disbursements (files) reconciliations and all other general ledger accounts and to submit requisite reports to Management;
- To prepare and present monthly management accounts to the Management; and
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance option is an added advantage;
- Possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) license in good standing;
- Extensive corporate and personal tax experience;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a CPA K; and
- Expertise working with SAP and Dynamics Navision.
How to Apply
Please note that this position is in Mombasa.
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th June 2021.
Indicate the job title.as subject head.