Job Title: Sonographers
Reports to: Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologist
Department: Clinical Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: The job holder will be responsible for providing quality ultrasound services to our clients, reviewing and analyzing reports and producing the same for
About Jacaranda Maternity
Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices. Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month.
We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require Sonographers at our new hospital in Umoja.
Reporting to our doctor-in-charge, you will take on responsibility of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Higher diploma in ultrasound
- Valid practicing license
- Position holder should have at least 2 years’ experience and experience in working in a start-up maternity facility.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients and answering any questions they may have.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and maintaining the room in which the procedure takes place.
- Maintaining high standards of customer service to clients.
- Performing the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed and ensuring the images are of best quality.
- Maintaining patient’s records and adding medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure if necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply through this link: Sonographer Application Form
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: June 18th 2021