Job Title: Angular Developer
Reporting to Head of Engineering
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Us: Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Our Vision: Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
Sokowatch is looking for an Angular 2+ Developer to join our team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who strives to develop a first-class codebase using Angular best practices. As an Angular JS Developer, you will implement a complete user interface across our mobile and desktop web interfaces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop user interfaces with the latest frontend technologies
- Research, analyze, and develop product features of increasingly complex nature
- Make design and technical decisions for AngularJS projects.
- Develop application code and unit testing in the AngularJS, Rest Web Services and Ruby technologies for the Application Development Centre.
- Ensure high performance of all systems developed
- Time management and self-organization
The successful candidate will possess:
- 2+ years experience with Angular 2+
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience in TypeScript.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Ex. Jasmine) and test runners (Ex. Karma)
- Experience with complex Angular 2+ modules, components, services and dependency injections
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team-first attitude
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com