AERC Knowledge Management Assistant Job in Kenya
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
Exciting Career Opportunity: Knowledge Management Assistant
Background: Established in 1988, African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a premier capacity building institution in the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in sub-Saharan Africa.
AERC’s mission rests on two premises: first, that development is more likely to occur where there is sustained sound management of the economy; second, that such management is more likely to happen where there is an active, well-informed cohort of locally based professional economists to conduct policy-relevant research.
AERC builds that cohort through a programme that has three primary components: research, training, and policy outreach. The organization integrates high quality economic policy research, postgraduate training, and policy outreach within a vast network of researchers, universities, and policy makers across Africa and beyond.
We are seeking to fill the position of a Knowledge Management Assistant, to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position will report to the Programme Administrator in the administration arm of the Training department.
Overall Job Purpose: The Knowledge Management Assistant manages the day-to-day information knowledge flow from within and outside the AERC to enable various users and stakeholders (AERC staff, researchers, students, Collaborative Training Programmes’ Joint Facility for Electives (JFE) and the Shared Facility for Specialization and Electives (SFSE) visiting lecturers / professors and other authorized users) to access AERC knowledge resources for educational and research purposes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the overall institutional development and administration of the AERC knowledge management platforms and resources.
- Creating and updating resources on the AERC Library/e-Library, Learning Management System (LMS), AERC online publications and related knowledge management platforms and resources, to support delivery of teaching and learning at the JFE/SFSE, researchers and other authorized users.
- Reviewing and monitoring the performance of the eLibrary platform, LMS, AERC online publications and related knowledge management systems and resources.
- Providing support for logistical arrangements of the Collaborative Masters Programme (CMAP) and the Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) in Economics Joint Facility for Electives (JFE) and the Collaborative Masters in Agricultural and Applied Economics (CMAAE) Shared Facility for Specialization and Electives.
- Preparing and coordinating virtual meetings and activities of the Training Department, including JFE/SFSE online classes, Academic Advisory Board meetings and workshops.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science or Library Studies or related field. Or a Bachelor’s degree in any other field (e.g., economics, social sciences) plus a professional diploma or advanced diploma in Library or Information Sciences or related field. A Masters will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience. Previous experience working in an international multicultural environment is added advantage.
- Proficiency in French is an advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of library software and systems.
- Knowledge and experience in use and support of users of learning management systems such as Moodle, Blackboard and with MOOCs functionality.
- Highly skilled in use of electronic databases and online platforms.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications and databases such as MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet. Knowledge of LaTeX and Beamer is desirable.
AERC offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to visit AERC’s website at https://aercafrica.org/careers/ to view the detailed descriptions of duties and required qualifications.
All applications must include a cover letter and a resume which has at least three referees which should be sent to email@example.com by Friday 6th August 2021.
Due to the expected volume of applications, AERC will only enter further correspondence with short-listed candidates.