Financial Services Business Development Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, a leading financial services institution, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi:
Business Development Officer
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Business Development Officer will be responsible for supporting the bank’s/branch’s business growth.
The incumbent is expected to grow a high quality loan book portfolio, mobilize deposits, open customer accounts, manage loan repayment collections and maintain high customer service standards while ensuring compliance to processes, procedures and controls and living the bank’s core values.
- Deposit mobilization and Accounts Opening – aggressively market for new liability accounts in line with the given targets.
- Spearhead the credit function of the branch by ensuring growth of high quality loan book as per targets.
- Cross sell bancassurance and other bank products
- Ensure that all conditions pertaining to customer loan applications are fulfilled prior to disbursement requests being processed.
- Develop good customer loans/facilities proposals that comply with the banks credit administration standards and policy.
- Review customer demands in the market and recommend products/ services that will enable the bank to compete in the area of operations.
- Liase with Credit Administration in ensuring timely renewal of insurance policies for assets charged as security and timely updates of valuation reports for properties charged as security for loans extended by the bank under personal portfolio.
- Effectively monitor loan repayments and mitigating risks related to defaults and periodically review the loan portfolio to manage likely problem areas.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and implementation of effective anti-money laundering procedures and controls.
- Keep abreast of new developments in customer preference and advice management on relevant changes.
- Manage customer relations under personal portfolio and ensure lasting relations are established with all clients
- Ensure prevention of income leakage and collection of revenue
- Manage, motivate and train staff under your supervision (if any) to ensure productivity is optimized and level of staff competency is continuously upgraded.
- Perform any other duties as may be determined by the Management
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a Relationship Officer in Sales or Credit, with a proven track record for delivery of superior results.
- Experience in a Supervisory role is highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of financial services/ experience in the Microfinance industry
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge/exposure in Branch Operations added advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’ by 28th July 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.