General Manager (Sales) Job in Kenya – Motor Vehicle Insurer
Our client, a leading Motor Vehicle insurer, is looking for a General Manager – Sales responsible for leading the Retail Sales and Corporate Business functions in the company.
This will include identifying and implementing innovative sales and business development strategies.
JOB PURPOSE and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a strong resilient sales and corporate business function
- Development and execution of the sales strategic plan to achieve business objectives and drive profit.
- Analyzing budgets, preparing annual budget plans, scheduling expenditures and ensuring that the sales team meets their target
- Research and development of marketing opportunities & plans, understand consumer requirements, market trends and implementation of improvements to achieve the company’s marketing goals.
- Promote the company’s existing products, strengthen client engagement, and identify new business opportunities to increase retention & business growth.
- Establish a structured multi-channel sales framework across the business operations with a focus on building a high-performance sales culture
- Maintain an up to date understanding of competitor knowledge, contemporary practices and market opportunities
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and professional development to the sales team.
- Establish and maintain business partnerships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Finance, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- AIIK Diploma/CII/CIM Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in sales or similar role preferably in the insurance or banking industry
- Experience in identifying and developing new market opportunities
- Experience in supervising large teams, staff development and values-based leadership
- Strong commercial business acumen with an innovative and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Experience in preparing and presenting Board reports.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and client relationship skills
- High level of integrity; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Strong Analytical/Research Skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and creative thinking skills
- Excellent leadership, team building, decision making, problem solving, presentation and organizing skills
Kindly visit: https://www.racg.co.ke/html/?p=jobs to create/update your career profile and submit your application, or send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject “General Manager – Sales” by COB Friday 6th August, 2021.