GiveDirectly Program Fellow Job in Nairobi County, Kenya
Nairobi County, Kenya | Field Operations | Contract | Partially remote
Partnership building (70%)
- Carry out prospect research to develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Build out, manage, and execute GD’s CRM (Salesforce) to maximize effective engagement with existing supporters and make new contacts from “cradle to grave” (initial engagement to repeat giving).
- Ghost-write and send emails on behalf of the Country Director to cultivate new relationships and steward existing supporters.
- Maintain a database of grant opportunities.
- Take the lead in writing grants proposals, concept notes, and all donor-facing reporting in collaboration with the Country Director.
- Support the Country Director in the writing and execution of all GD Kenya public fundraising campaigns.
Process Design and Improvement (30%)
- Collaborate with program teams to develop processes and operating procedures across different departments.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop departmental training materials to ensure there is consistent operation across the teams, putting right quality and monitoring measures in place.
- Contribute to the development of tools and strategy to improve the effectiveness of GD Kenya’s service delivery and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to understand and write for an international audience, from emails to presentations to grants documentation.
- A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising material.
- Strong project management experience.
- Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major donors and supporters (desirable).
- You believe in our purpose and mission
- You have excellent planning, time management, and organizational abilities.
- You are meticulous in your attention to detail and have a strong ability to build a structure.
- You are a systems-builder. You are a process-oriented person who loves building and automating systems to optimize efficient work.
- Recipients first – We prioritize recipient preferences over those of donors or ourselves.
- Team next – We do what’s best for organizational – not individual – success.
- Be proactively candid – We say what we believe, and are honest in sharing information.
- Create positive energy – We strive to be a source – not drain – of energy for our colleagues.
- Think rigorously; act quickly – We are intellectually rigorous with a drive towards action – not debate.
- Accept reality. Propose solutions – We do not dwell on problems. We work actively to create solutions.
- Be productively ambitious – We take the risks to pursue industry-changing success, not incremental progress.
- Know yourself and grow – We recognize and accept our imperfections with a focus on growth.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**