Head of Underwriting Job in Kenya – Motor Vehicle Insurer
Our client, a leading Motor Vehicle insurer, is looking for Head of Underwriting responsible for overseeing the underwriting department and ensuring compliance with industry best practice and regulations.
JOB PURPOSE and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- General supervision of underwriting staff
- Management of the company’s general business book and the renewal budget
- New product development and review of existing products
- Development of an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be.
- Establishing and fostering good working relationship with intermediaries
- Preparation, management and analysis of underwriting reports
- Ensuring that all documentation in the underwriting department is correctly issued and dispatched to the intermediaries/insured/policyholders as applicable.
- Facilitating continuous training of staff and intermediaries to build capacity
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory and other underwriting guidelines
- Management of motor certificates by ensuring proper records is maintained.
- Recommending to management effective underwriting systems and procedures for proposals and policies, drafting policies and endorsements and renewals.
- Work closely with risk department to establish procedures for surveys, initiating risk management programmes and compliance with recommendations on risk improvement.
- Ensure that new risks accepted and/or renewed with the company are vetted to meet the basic quality standards.
- Prepare the table of minimum rates as required by the commissioner of insurance and ensure it is lodged with the office
- Ensure that AKI circulars and communications from the commissioner’s office relating to underwriting functions are well attended to and responded to on time.
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps.
- Ensuring that all risks insured by the company are subjected to the pre-insurance valuations and those values and /or any findings are communicated to policyholders /intermediaries on time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Business Administration or any related field
- Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- 8-10 years’ experience in underwriting general insurance products
- Proven ability to manage, coordinate and supervise teams
- High level of integrity; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Risk management experience
- Must be competent in Planning and organizing departmental functions with a keen eye and attention to details
- Excellent Analytical/Research Skills
- Strong Leadership and skills
Kindly visit: https://www.racg.co.ke/html/?p=jobs to create/update your career profile and submit your application, or send updated CV to email@example.com with email subject “Head of Underwriting” by COB Friday 6th August, 2021.