KEMRI Study Coordinator (Lactolyze Study) Job in Kenya
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies in Kenya.
The KEMRI/UW research collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children in Kenya.
Our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions.
We are looking for a Study Coordinator staff who is motivated, committed, and honest to coordinate a new study:
Study Coordinator – KMR6
Location: Nyanza Region
The Study Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of a Clinical Trial.
S/he will manage the project on a day-to day basis, recruit research participants and oversee the collection of study data whilst ensuring that these research processes adhere to regulatory requirements.
S/he will develop standard operating procedures, prepare and submit regulatory authority documents, manage study implementation teams, design and edit appropriate logs to document study-related activities, maintain supply inventories, design and edit case report forms, maintain records of all study-related documents, conduct internal monitoring to ensure all protocols are being followed, and lead regular in-house trainings.
S/he will work with hospital and county officials to maintain a good relationship between KEMRI and our partner institutions.
S/he will lead weekly study meetings. The Study Coordinator will report directly to the study Principal Investigator(s).
- Degree in Clinical Medicine or Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and the necessary professional registration documents
- At least four years of experience coordinating Clinical Research Studies
- Ability to write, review, and provide input on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and case report forms (CRFs)
- Experience in coordination of multiple sites and teams
- Ability to design, amend and implement research protocols
- Ability to manage and supervise a large and diverse team of study personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to domestic and international supervisors in person, over the phone, on zoom, and over email.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ready to work under pressure and be a team player
- Good communication skills and responsive to emails and phone calls
- Willing and ready to travel within country on a regular basis
- Must have Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
The Study Coordinator will act as the primary point person for the study and will oversee all study activities including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and managing all staff members at various study sites, training new staff members including giving briefings on all operational policies and procedures; ensuring each staff understands his/her role and responsibilities
- Responsible for IP accountability at the Study Sites
- Ensure all the AE/SAE and protocol deviations are identified and reported in time
- Conduct QA/QC of the study documents and respond to the data queries in time
- Set up and manage enrollment sites at various health facilities in Kisii, Migori and Homa Bay Counties
- Work on periodic study progress reports
- Prepare the study sites for monitoring visits
- Participate in the preparation of Manuscripts
- Act as a liaison between members of hospitals, Ministry of Health, and communities including conducting regular study sensitization sessions and discussion forums
- Maintain strong relationship with study clinical sites and community groups involved
- Develop and update standard operating procedures and associated logs
- Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures and best practices for the study
- Develop and maintain quality control and assurance checks for study procedures and data
- Organize and lead training of study procedures
- Ensure all data and adverse event forms are filled out appropriately, submitted in a timely fashion, and records maintained
- Observation of study procedures to ensure adherence to protocol
- Maintenance of Study Trial Master File (TMF) and all quality control documentation
- Responsible for all ethical review board applications
- Coordinate staff evaluation procedures
- Make weekly reports on the administration of the study
- Fill-in for site staff members when necessary
- Act as a liaison between site staff members and Nairobi and Seattle based study leadership through regular communication with both site staff and study leadership
- Lead weekly study calls with the leadership team in Nairobi and Seattle
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Study Investigators
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
Terms of Employment: This position will be at a 100% FTE. It will be a one-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months. The Study Coordinator shall be based in Nyanza Region.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please complete the application form:
And send your updated CV with details of your qualifications, experience, full time telephone number and names & addresses of 3 referees to Email address:firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 4th August 2021 at 5:00p.m.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DEIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN AND YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH CASES IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.