Managing Partner Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client that designs and manufacturer’s custom-made cabinetry including fitted wardrobes, kitchens, bars and office fit outs seeks to recruit a Managing Partner.
He/she will focus to strengthen the breadth, profitability and work of the business, supporting leads through the provision of sound management structure/practice.
The jobholder will also act as the lead and mentor to all staff and be supported by a management team in areas of expertise.
The jobholder shall have specific responsibility over the revenue generation, business development, stakeholder relations and P&L of the business through personally discovering, engaging and closing dealing and mentoring the business development and sales teams on the same.
Company: The company is dynamic, creative and quality driven, with a staff complement of over 50 highly competent staff capable of handling design, manufacture and logistical issues. Its customer base consists of developers of residential, hospitality, education and commercial properties and individual homeowners.
The customers are often represented by professionals such as architects, interior designers, project managers and quantity surveyors.
Reports to: Chairman and Board of Directors
Job Location: Nairobi
The Managing Partner will be responsible to take the company to full-fledged operations and realize the commercial value of the investment by becoming the regions market leader within its industry.
Responsibilities of the role
- Refining and implementing the 5st year strategic plan that reflects the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Meeting revenue and profit targets;
- Personally acquiring individual homes and project contracts through engaging with property developers, architects, project managers and other industry stakeholders;
- Building, leading and mentoring business development consultants and sales staff in meeting their personal targets and thus the overall company targets;
- Building a sales distribution engine through a sales team, independent resellers and commission agents.
- Set a very high bar for customer service and put in mechanisms for tracking individuals performance in this regard
- Forming partnerships that deliver tangible commercial gains to the company.
- Refining and implementing the company policies as documented in the handbook;
- Developing organisation wide budgets and managing cash flows;
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management, employees and consultants engaged with the company;
- Maintain involvement and ensure quality control in products and services provided by the company as well as ensuring and the adequate management of projects and adherence to their timelines;
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the board of significant changes;
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company;
- Monitoring the actions of the functional board directors;
- Assuming full accountability to the board for all company operations;
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations;
- Taking ownership in the preparation of legal and other agreements committing the company;
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the founding partner and chairman of the board;
Requirements of the role
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field such as sales and marketing, property development, architecture or interior design,
- At least 10 plus years relevant experience including experience in overall responsibility for revenue targets, P&L, operations, business development and sales within medium sized or large companies.
- A track record for business development and demonstrable abilities in the same is a must while an appreciation of and experience in the construction or interior designs field will be an added advantage.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in ERPs and be an avid user of computer and smartphone app technology.
- Possess an interest or passion for the company’s industry i.e. construction, interior design and furniture.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their application letter and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Managing Partner on the Subject line.