Marketing and Recruiting Associate Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Title: Marketing and Recruiting Associate
Reports to: Head of Nairobi Office and Head of Africa Marketing
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client, a global leader in business strategy consulting is looking to on board a Marketing and Recruiting Associate for their Nairobi office.
The individual will be responsible for shaping the marketing and communications strategy under the direction of the local Partner Leadership and input from the global marketing team.
He/she will support and or drive recruiting activities and campaigns that the Nairobi office is engaged both locally and internationally executing recruiting strategy and providing full administrative support.
1. Management and implementation
- Build annual and quarterly plans from overall strategic direction from Global Marketing, local Partners and Head of Africa Marketing
- Translate into specific actions and track execution to implement marketing strategy for the firm
- Manage execution to ensure adherence to budget, agreed scope, and timelines
- Participate in team meetings, bringing ideas and suggestions for improvement and support to the wider team.
2. Networking/ client relations
- Build relations with relevant networks/ business associations in Kenya and think of ways to ensure firm is well represented
- Build the bridge between the international marketing strategy (global and regional) and its local adaptation and implementation
- Work with the Alumni partner and Africa Marketing Manager to develop and implement an integrated marketing programme for the alumni network in East Africa. Act as the key point of contact for the alumni network, answering queries and requests. On-boarding new alumni members and managing their subscription/data on the contact management system, advocate for alumni and alumni relationships, enhance quality and connection with alumni, support the development and execution of alumni relations plans and initiatives
- Coordinate electronic and hard copy mailings including preparation of target lists, cleaning data and using direct mail software to monitor and track performance.
- Develop and maintain the clients contact database, working in close cooperation with the Global Marketing Platforms Team and the local EA team, oversee the database’s ongoing development, and improve usage by the leadership group and their executive assistants
- Manage logistics for internal and external events, e.g. Panel Discussions, Webinars, Workshops
- Increase firms’ visibility at Tier 1 3rd party events in East Africa
- Plan and organize events with the local leadership team
- Organize Cluster/ topic and alumni events
- Coordinate events (which includes venue sourcing, managing suppliers and logistics, budget management, developing invitation lists, managing and chasing responses, management on the day of the event and post-event follow-up and evaluation)
4. Media / Communications
- Manage PR agency and external service providers and work to strengthen media relations, expand and optimise the firms’ media exposure by leveraging the content and the company experts
- Placement of the topics and studies
- Contact person for journalists and media inquiries
- Development and cultivation of journalist and editor contacts
- Media Monitoring – tracking and analysis of the firm coverage and coverage from the core competitors, monthly reporting on coverage to Africa Partner group
- Social Media – support the development of content for the firms’ social-media channels (Facebook and LinkedIn). Potential to develop an Instagram channel.
- Ensure that Africa Partners LinkedIn profiles are regularly updated (media, position, publications) and authentic posts are published.
- Support Head of Africa Communications on the production of the quarterly Africa newsletter ‘One Africa Post’.
1. Hiring Process
- Responsible for end‐to‐end execution of the hiring process of candidates on the consulting track for assigned school portfolio including processing applications, screening, interviews and offers.
- Set up and manage interview schedules with candidates and interviewers.
- When required, coordinate set up for candidates interviewing remotely including video conference and liaising with other offices.
- Responsible for set up and execution of interview days including booking of interview rooms, creating candidate & interviewer booklets, welcoming candidates, set up of computers for online test and creating reports during candidate review.
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders such as university career services, faculties and clubs & societies.
- This description covers the principal responsibilities and not restrictive.
2. Recruiting Marketing
- Responsible for event management of assigned portfolio which includes identifying and booking high‐quality venues, organizing catering, conducting marketing activities and managing on‐site logistics on the day of event.
- Manage and track RSVPs; attend events as needed (such as receptions, case interview workshops and conversion dinners).
- Place advertisements in student publications, university career offices and with professional associations.
- Support (when required) Lateral Hire and International Recruiting Events ‐ from high level sourcing of candidates on LinkedIn to coordination of logistics for event.
- Develop high‐quality marketing material in collaboration with the firm Global Marketing team.
3. Recruiting Administration
- Support the development of recruiting strategy jointly with recruiting team and school captains.
- Develop a school/project plan (based on strategy) and execute it with support from other team members (as required).
- Manage the recruiting database jointly with the team which includes:
- Input candidate information from resumes
- Update and track candidate status on the Specific Recruiting systems.
- Capture and track the firms’ staff recruiting commitments in the events database.
- Run data analysis with Excel and develop PowerPoint presentations with support.
Competencies and Attributes
- Ability and flexibility to work outside ‘normal working hours’ during peak recruiting periods.
- Self-initiative, can-do mentality, proactive, combined with high quality standards
- Team skills and competent and professional dealings with external contacts (media representatives, journalists, etc.) and the co-workers
- Strong presence and experience in presenting to and interacting with senior audiences (CXO level)
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and be willing to take initiative.
- Ability to display high level of maturity and professionalism at all times, in internal settings and external events.
- Excellent relationship management skills at all levels: from university students to senior stakeholders such as head of Faculties and senior staff.
- Ability to relate to and form a strong relationship with university students who will be potential candidates.
- Perform effectively under pressure and handle difficult situations with poise, judgment, and tact.
- A high energy level and willingness to take on tough assignments is essential for success in this role
- Team player with the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Bachelor’s or Honours degree from a recognized top‐tier university
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years’ work experience in a marketing/recruiting position in a professional services environment, university or business school, consulting and/or journalism responsibilities or relevant professional experience at a PR agency or Recruitment Firm, in a corporate communications or membership organisation environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in managing CRM desired
- Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject Marketing & Recruiting Associate on or before Friday 20th August 2021.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.