Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Job in Moyale, Kenya
The Strategies for Northern Development (SND) is a local non-governmental organization working with Nomadic Pastoralist Communities in Northern Kenya and Southern Ethiopia.
SND is guided by a vision to see a society where all Pastoralist Communities are resilient and live a dignified life.
Key areas of focus include;
(1) Peace Building and Governance,
(2) Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience,
(3) Child Protection and Education,
(4) Water, Sanitation and Health and
(5) Humanitarian assistance.
We are seeking application from qualified individual to fill the following open position;
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- The holder of this position must have a minimum of Bsc/BA degree in Social Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, statistics or any other related course from a recognized University.
- Previous M and E experience in Peace Building and Cash Transfer projects
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to use at an advanced level statistical software (DHIS2, Excel, SPSS and STATA) is required. Working knowledge of DHIS2 will be an added advantage.
- Proven competency in ethical principles of research, statistical analysis and complex survey design and analysis is required.
- Proficiency in designing and deploying data collection tools using platforms such as Kobo Collect, ODK Survey CTO etc. is required
Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to ensure successful implementation of project performance monitoring and evaluation systems.
The M &E Officer will be responsible for Developing and implementing a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project / programme results at different levels (outputs and outcomes).
He /She will be responsible for the monitoring of project activities against implementation documents and ensure high quality and timely inputs on deliverables from staff for the purpose of
The individual will ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive MEL plan to track progress toward the CCC Project goal and objectives and adheres to SND/Pact/IGAD/GIZ guidelines and expectations.
- Carry out data quality assessments / audits regularly for MEL data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making
- Collaborate with CCC project team and ensure comprehensive monitoring, reporting, data gathering and quality assurance structure.
- Compile routinely collected data on recipients’ characteristics (age, sex, location), service provision (amount and frequency of money transferred) and list of business operators to track performances of the program
- Ensure Data quality assurances will be institutionalized throughout the MEL system by defining the work and data flow across all levels of reporting.
- Develop standardized data collection tools, shared data management systems, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals).
- Assist Project Officer in preparing monthly and quarterly reports and also participates in annual program reviews.
- Conduct a rapid Needs Assessment to validate the proposed program design and approaches.
- Conduct a Market Assessment. This will focus on a ‘Basket of Goods’ that program participants are likely to purchase.
- Support beneficiary selection and verification process
- Support post distribution monitoring process
- Perform any other duties as required.
How to Apply:
Letter of applications along with a copy of your resume, a contact telephone number and the names of 3 referees preferably from your previous work places, quoting their email addresses/contact numbers properly and clearly label / quote the job title above on your envelope and hand deliver to the SND Moyale Office or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for the submission of application is Friday 30th July 2021 5:00 PM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Phone calls are not acceptable.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
SND is an equal opportunity employer.