NAVISION Technical Consultant Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Vacancy: Technical Consultant – NAVISION
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Company Description: Our client is a Microsoft Certified Implementation Partner which is focused on organizational operational excellence using management consulting around ERP implementations.
The company was founded in the year 2013 and is headquartered at Dubai, UAE.
Our client is primarily focused on Distribution and Supply Chain based businesses.
Job Objective / Purpose: Consultants are required to take responsibility for technical design for Navision/ Business Central for Operations, determining modification requests and writing specifications for their development, testing and provide end user training for the functionalities.
The consultant needs to work with senior team members to ensure project goals and timelines are met.
The Technical Consultant will be responsible for configuration and customisation whilst implementing Navision/ Business Central. You will be supporting the pre-sales process in areas such as demonstrations & research and post-sales, as part of a Support Helpdesk Offering.
The role will see the Technical Consultant involved with a variety of client projects, as well as working on the internal development projects.
The role involves external interaction with the customers or vendors.
The consultants are expected to meet timelines and maintain professional levels of communication and response with all the project team members.
Travel requirements: 30%+
- High proficiency in Navision/ Business Central. Development and customization aspects
- Good Proficiency in Solution architecture and design concepts
- Object Oriented Programming and Design skills.
- Reports development.
- Extensions management.
- Debugging AL and CAL Coding.
- Creation of table, pages, xml ports.
- Creation of Enum, subscribe of events.
- Events creation.
- Advise customer organization on solution usage and help minimize gaps between standard product customer’s business processes with creative configuration.
- Ensure project documents are complete and project is delivered successfully as per the plan.
- Test the functions and the features being developed and confirm that they fulfil the business requirements.
- Able to upload and cleanse data to the business solutions using the available data migration tools.
- Update the internal system with the required information on time for project documentation and timesheet information.
- Ensure that the schedule of delivery is managed within the timelines on the project and that the allocated tasks are closed in time along with the right priority.
- Ability to configure the key workflows for the different processes along with the different levels of approvals and notifications.
- Ability to understand and configure the different roles and responsibilities within the security context of a given role.
- Communicate with the senior members of the team to understand the project requirements and scope of work.
- Build a positive working relation with the colleagues and peers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Knowledge or understanding of finance is preferred and considered a value add.
- Professional degree in any of the business processes like
- Computer Science
- Or any other related field
- 3-6 Years of experience
- Hands on experience and good understanding of business processes is desired.
- Knowledge of CAL and AL programming.
- Should have worked on any version of Business Central (Saas or on Prem)- 15, 16 and 17..
- Should have worked on integration with third party software.
- Should have worked on Upgradation with data and with code
- LS retail technical experience is an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, adaptable
- Good Analytical skills
- Multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage tasks
Competencies and Key Attributes
- Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with staff, shares critical information with everyone involved in a project.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, self-control, motivation, empathy, social skills and group work skills.
Professionalism / Judgment
- Acts with integrity.
- Identifies / addresses problem areas before they escalate.
- Solves problems courageously and creatively.
- Makes good use of resources.
- Accountable & takes ownership.
- Follows all company standards.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of the organisation’s data and of client’s database.
- Personally responsible;
- completes work in a timely, consistent manner;
- works hours necessary to complete assigned work;
- is regularly present and punctual;
- arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible;
- keeps commitments.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before 30th July 2021.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Technical Consultant-NAVISION) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.