Sanergy Factory Crew Lead Job in Kinanie, Athi River
Sanergy is currently seeking to recruit a Factory Crew Lead.
Please note that the role will be based in Kinanie, Athi River, Machakos County.
About Sanergy: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions.
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa.
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day.
Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals.
For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions.
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the assigned equipment. These are industrial filling machines, greenhouses, motors, chain-belts, hoppers.
- Attend scrum meetings and other sessions called by the line manager to discuss and resolve work challenges.
- Lead scrum meetings in your sections.
- Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area.
- Lead workmen at your section to resolve agreed issues.
- Actively support and be involved in maintenance activities related to equipment in your assigned factory section.
- Meet biweekly with your line manager to review and set expectations for your performance.
- Meet biweekly with your reports to review and set expectations for their performance.
- Report your section’s performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms.
- Training new or existing operators on equipment operations and execution of daily tasks.
- Work with other section supervisors to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule.
- Lead your teammates in your section to execute daily production schedules.
- Attend and actively participate all team meetings.
- Maintain effective working relationships through treating your colleagues with respect.
- Resolved misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner.
- Have cordial interactions with the community as you do your work.
- Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community.
- Adhere to set shift plans and work orders.
- Proactively ask or seek clarification from your Supervisor on any areas of work that are unclear.
- Openly share ideas during scrum and team meetings on how current processes can be improved.
- Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor.
- Use resources assigned to you sparingly as per the resource plan shared by your Supervisor.
- Use and handle assigned company assets as per set policy.
- Conduct scheduled Gemba/factory walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day to day duties
- Experience in leading line staff/factory staff (2 years)
- At least 2 years experience in operation of factory machinery with motors and hydraulic systems
- Diploma or degree in technical field or biological science related discipline
Job Location: Kinanie, AthiRiver
How to Apply
Apply online at this link: Factory Crew Lead.
To apply, kindly submit a cover letter and your resume/CV.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Sanergy is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.