Schneider Electric Datacenter Project Manager Job in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Datacenter Project Manager – SecurePower (Critical Power and Cooling)
Job Purpose: Schneider Electric Kenya (East Africa) is recruiting a Customer Project Manager – Data Centers to join the Secure Power Team (Critical Power and Cooling services for Data centers).
This role will support the East African region with opportunity to support the South and West English African speaking countries as well
What is your mission?
As Customer Project team member, act as a single point of contact for all technical topics, manage technical project team and master technical risks.
Manage all technical aspects of a complex solution (architecture, systems…) during project execution: design, integration, testing, FAT, installation, commissioning, warranty…
Define and implement the adequate solution to fulfil customer requirements in terms of technical performance, quality, costs and time, in compliance with the contract.
Specify the technical Solution and lead the technical coordination of all project’s stakeholders: Customers, other Schneider Electric entities, third parties, contractors…
As specialist in his Technical field, assist Execution Center management in elaborating alternative/future solutions and resolving key technical issues.
Scope and environment
Small and Medium project located in several countries (mainly Anglophone Africa but can be extended to Middle East & Africa on project basis) requiring collaboration with Global Customer Project, Secure Power sales team, Local Execution Centers, Global Field Services, and other departments. You will mainly support other countries remotely and may need to travel abroad to visit customers, partners, suppliers and/or site operations.
Key responsibilities / activities
Technical lead (Support to Project Manager)
- Perform and get customer approval on basic and detailed design of integrated solutions. In line with the contract (technical, time & performance requirements) and leveraging Schneider Electric portfolio of products and systems, maximize project profitability and manage technical risk.
- Lead technical discussion and clarification with the customer acting as key contact person for all technical related topics. Under Project Manager leadership, perform regular technical status reports and take part in meetings with the customer. Prepare and conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) with the customer.
- Validate technical choices compliance with the design (based on Technical Design Process). Manage stakeholders involved in the execution. Work in close collaboration with PM & technical leaders for sub-parts.
- Identify any potential changes vs. the contract or agreed design. Work closely with Project Manager to specify the change and his implications including the quotation until getting the variation order which will contribute to Project Margin Improvement.
- Master from technical perspective all technical parts of the delivery sub-contracted to external vendors in strong coordination with the purchasing team. Implement clear and meaningful scoping of sub-part of project scope to insure effective progress and completion monitoring
- Manage the whole technical teams involved on Project Execution. Agree with the PM and implement the technical part of the project: schedule, organization of the technical team, manage related costs and monitor the workload.
- Alert on a possible non-technical feasibility as soon as identified. Provide necessary reporting to the PM and management. Manage the interface with the other departments from a technical perspective: R&D, COE, Quality, Process, Customer Satisfaction, Safety, Environment …
- Take part of Technical leader Community of Practice within his Execution Center, globally within the Execution Center network and BUs. Identify, formalise, share and promote lessons learned and best practices. Act as role model and/or coach of junior TLs/DLs.
- Support PM for project team full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, quality instructions, safety requirements and governance principles. Lead Project technical team to correct any technical deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution implementing quality process
Project Management (Specific projects under your full leadership)
- Manage all Project Stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Solve any problems that may arise during projects.
- Master all aspects of the Project: design, integration, testing, FAT, installation, commissioning, warranty.
- Ensure good project execution within the allocated budget. Identify and anticipate potential risks vs. agree budget.
- Identify and implement technical optimization to save time and cost. Contribute to overall Project risk analysis, assess technical risks and propose all necessary actions to avoid, mitigate or reduce its impacts.
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar role, including success record from:
- Datacenter Project Management (Ability to manage multiple datacenter projects at one time)
- Site work management:
- Installation work (3rd party management)
- Commissioning (FAT & SAT)
- Datacenter technical expertise:
- Mechanical expertise is key for this position (including chilled water piping architecture and DX system for datacenter application)
- Good knowledge on power distribution (MV/LV)
- Transversal communication and software skills
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools & methodologies.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent English: speaking, writing, and reading
As a plus
- PMP Certification
- Accredited Tier Designer (Uptime Institute)
- Technical Qualification
How to Apply