Job Vacancy: Integration Developer
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About this Role
We are currently looking for an Integration Developer in Nairobi, Kenya to assist in the build out of our messaging and billing platforms to support GeoPoll and parent company Mobile Accord.
This position will work directly with wireless carriers and other 3rd party service providers in multiple countries throughout Africa and the rest of the world and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of highly efficient low-level systems that support the organization’s product base.
- Implementation of new SMS messaging connections with wireless carriers’ SMSC using GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java, SMPP)
- Develop and extend the capabilities of GeoPoll’ s messaging platform (Java)
- Implementation of new billing adapters for various wireless carrier billing systems (REST, SOAP, C#)
- Develop and extend the capabilities of GeoPoll’ s billing platform (C#)
- Actively involved in design reviews, code reviews and general support of all team initiatives.
Preferred technical skills & experience
- SQL Server
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or other Queuing Platform
- REST, SOAP, JSON, JMS, NMS
- Enjoys a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a developer
- Collaborative and able to work well on multi-site initiatives
- Enjoys a dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture
EEO Statement: GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
We encourage applicants who do not meet every listed qualification but may bring skills in related areas to apply.
Please submit your CV, salary history, and relevant work examples (as a single file with YOUR NAME as the file name) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Integration Developer no later than October 31, 2021.
Feel free to check out our website: https://www.geopoll.com.