Job Title: Paediatric Nurse
Reports To: Nurse In Charge
Department: Clinical Operations
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices.
Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require a Paediatric Nurse with Maternity experience. Reporting to our nurse-in-charge, we are looking for someone highly motivated, caring, dedicated Paediatric Nurse to be responsible for the medical and health care of children and willing to take a lot of initiative with a passion for providing qualitycare to our clients.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Certification as a Registered Nurse for Paediatric care
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/(medical training) college
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in clinical work as a licensed Paediatric Nurse and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all clients
- Position holder should have at least 5 years’ experience in Maternity
- Experience with neonatal resuscitation after birth (Preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; empathy and the ability to relate to children
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Strong leadership and initiative to solve problems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exercise good judgment
Interested candidates should apply through this link
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.