Job Vacancy: Sales Executive
Company Profile: With a fleet of 250 modern container ships and a total transport capacity of 1.8 million TEU, Hapag-Lloyd is one of the world’s leading liner shipping companies.
The company has around 13,400 employees and 394 offices in 130 countries. Hapag-Lloyd has a container capacity of approximately 2.8 million TEU – including one of the largest and most modern fleets of reefer containers.
A total of 121 liner services worldwide ensure fast and reliable connections between more than 600 ports on all the continents.
Hapag-Lloyd is one of the leading operators in the Transatlantic, Middle East, Latin America and Intra-America trades.
Reports To: Sales Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Contract
Brief Description: The Sales Execution deals directly with customers aiming to develop, secure and maintain the most profitable business for the Company in accordance with the company’s objectives.
The purpose of Sales Execution is to produce optimum contributions for the Company by maintaining and enhancing the Company’s customer base through offering products that satisfy customers’ needs.
Sales Execution interface with Sales Steering, Sales Support, Customer Service, Operations and Finance. Key challenges and satisfaction come from understanding the customers’ needs and wants, fulfilling customer requests, and meeting budget
Job Specification – Key Accountabilities:
- Exceeding budget within designated territory
- Soliciting potential customers; developing existing customers; servicing and maintaining all accounts within assigned territory
- Evaluate customer potential and conduct MR sales planning in Qlikview
- Developing a sales pipeline in Sales Force to align to company aspirations and optimize vessel utilization in view of volume and profitability
- Developing account strategies
- Logging appointments, client contact In Sales Force.
- Monthly cycle of planning volumes by customer and trade relations
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships that enhance customer experience
- Identifying backup/support and delegating as necessary, for e.g. problem solving goes to customer services
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Active knowledge of sales techniques
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial role, preferably in the shipping industry
- MS Office Proficient
- Assertive negotiator
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Result Driven
- Ability to communicate and collaborate
- Ability to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven
- Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and capacity for self-criticism
- Manage and grow portfolio of customers and opportunities
- Cover MR and GEO from Customers ( push –pull) as defined in areas sales steering concept
- Focus on medium and large account
- Deal directly with customers to develop, secure and maintain most profitable business
- Conduct sales planning and performance management as defined in enhanced sales process including
account planning : regular/ GAM NVO GAM/ BCO
- Approach customer through specified sales channels
- Where appropriate for their market, serve as specialist e.g. reefer, commodity, import etc.
- Prepare and conduct visits, report and follow up on visits
- Conclude contracts for MR customers ( proposal, negotiations and closing )
- Record commitments ( tender tracking / commercial )
- Drive CU business for foreign MR’s and adhere to push pull process
- Selectively engage in TM discussions on important matters e.g. tender guidance and negotiations, special
commodity market rates etc.
- Feedback market information and give clear information to sales coordination regarding pricing requirements to enable future communications with TM and handover to customer service.
- Coordinating credit applications in coordination with Sales Manager and Finance
- Completing weekly activity reports to be tabled and discussed during weekly 1on1 with line manager
- Any other Sales related tasks as requested by the Management.
We urgently need to fill this position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV including three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th December 2021.
Please indicate “Sales Execution” as the subject line of your email.