International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Job Opportunity: General Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es salaam Tanzania.
The General Field Officer supports the Head of Mission in the management of the Mission and its operations in accordance with the strategies, objectives, programs and actions plans defined by the Nairobi regional delegation.
The incumbent supports the Head of Mission in representing the ICRC in Tanzania, engaging towards multiple stakeholders in order to secure support for ICRC operations and promote respect for International Humanitarian Law.
The position holder further supports on a day-to-day basis, the management of activities, operations, security and personnel of the Dar es Salaam office.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participates and advises the Head of Mission in the analysis of the ICRC Context in the country;
- Supports the management in matters related to security, contributing to the elaboration, the dissemination and the respect of security rules;
- Follows up the day-to-day activities and ensures a professional work environment in Dar es Salaam office, facilitating the communication and coordination between the different departments;
- Contributes to the identification of the humanitarian needs and the definition of the mission overall strategies and operational priorities;
- Follows the general, humanitarian, political and socio-economic situation in Dar es Salaam and Tanzania in general;
- Represents the ICRC in Tanzania vis-à-vis the lower and middle level of local and national government authorities, military, police as well as the civil society in order to explain and facilitate ICRC activities;
- Contributes to maintaining and developing a network on interlocutors of other humanitarian actors relevant to the communication and cooperation departments, as well as to the overall ambitions of the Mission;
- Initiates, plans and implements in a proactive manner the Cooperation and Communication activities in Tanzania together with the respective officers, in close collaboration with the respective coordinators in Nairobi;
- Follows and analyses regularly the security situation in Dar es Salaam and area of responsibility (AoR). Analyses and reports all information relevant to security and shares with the Head of Mission (HoM);
- Contributes to the establishment and to periodic update of the specific security rules for the AoR of Dar es Salaam office under leadership of the HoM;
- Shares regular reports with the HoM, the Generalist Delegate and the concerned coordinators in Nairobi on the implementation of the activities, achievements and challenges in Tanzania;
- Coordinates with the Communication officer in the establishment of the daily/weekly reports and contributes to other institutional reports;
- In the absence of the HoM and the Generalist Delegate, will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activities of Dar es Salaam Office.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- University degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar field;
- Experience in an international organization or NGO;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point), with experience in ERPs;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 03rd December 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference General Field Officer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
This position is open to Nationals with resident permit in Tanzania and have a work permit.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.