Job Vacancy: Project Coordinator
JKUAT Enterprises Ltd (JKUATES) is a State Corporation operating as a limited company, fully owned by Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT).
Its objectives include:
1. To enhance entrepreneurial activity through the latest innovations in technological research.
2. To provide practical solutions for business problems by drawing on resource personnel from various disciplines in JKUAT.
3. To link the University with industry, government, the public and other stakeholders and to provide a forum for networking to propel development.
4. To market the University’s innovations.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator who is highly motivated, skilled and experienced individual to develop business, manage and successively deliver agricultural projects
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and consultants to be signed off before project commencement.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents e.g. project charter to ensure all stakeholders interests are addressed.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders to ensure that project delivery timelines and quality are met.
- Execute and manage quality of project delivery while monitoring the key milestones as spelt in the project delivery plan.
- Provide project status reports to stakeholders on agreed time, indicating the budgetary, quality and timeline movements in the project.
- Draft and submit project budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Hand over the project to the client upon completion, while effectively closing all project contractual engagements i.e. administrative, budgetary, resources e.t.c
- Prepare project completion report, documenting lessons learnt from the project delivery and providing performance feedback to teams and directors.
- Map and identify potential corporate clients for fruit seedlings with interest in non-governmental organizations.
- Identifying, preparation and submission project bids in line with the company scope of business to ensure consistent business.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project being executed.
- Participate in networking and conferences that expose the business to various stakeholders in the businesses areas of interest e.g. civil works.
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders to maintain good rapport and alleviate constrained relations with important stakeholders.
- Ensure business brand is well positioned with both suppliers, sub – contractors and clients to enable further reference businesses.
- Ensure that all project required documentation are drafted, updated, and filed within the required timelines.
- Ensure the project legal compliance is kept up to speed in regard to contractual, statutory and labour related costs as far as project is concerned.
- Handle any project related disputes and conflicts with a view to protect stakeholder interests and consistency project delivery.
- Handle the purchasing and delivery of project required materials, tools and equipment to enable continuous delivery of project work.
- Manage resources for the site office to ensure smooth operations through procuring, managing and replenishing resources required for running the office administratively.
- Prepare and implement risk management and monitoring and evaluation strategies.
- Prepare various reports to your supervisor.
- Update and brief your line supervisor from time to time on the ongoing projects and assist on decision making
- Keep track of all financial transactions in line with the project to ensure that only authorized expenses are executed
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience / Skills
- Bachelors’ degree in project management, business management, agricultural economics or equivalent.
- Proficient qualification in PMP/ PMI will be an added advantage
- Over 5 years’ experience with 3 Years relevant experience in project management and business development
- Evidence of having engaged and secured business from non-governmental organizations and private sector.
- A good understating of agricultural sector and non – governmental organizations.
- Evidence of having secured and managed business units with turnover of over Kshs. 20million per annum.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, leading, monitoring and controlling
- Ability to influence all levels of stakeholders, cross functionally and externally
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Proven strong client focus and interpersonal skills to develop relationships with clients
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV indicating current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 14th December, 2021. Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis. Those who shall not have heard from us should consider their applications unsuccessful.
JKUAT Enterprise Limited is an equal opportunity employer.