Job Vacancy: Junior Project Manager
Job Location: Sameer
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and
Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in
cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed,
organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day.
Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals.
For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the Role
The Junior Project Manager, who will report to the Director of Innovations, will be responsible for the administrative duties & processes, planning, support and coordination of projects, and independently manage some project elements.
The ideal candidate will have a healthy mix of both research and operational capabilities, being able to turn ideas into plans, and plans into tangible results.
The Innovation Team sits at the intersection of Sales, R&D, and Expansion. The Innovation team’s goal is to uncover the next big breakthroughs for the organization.
This is typically done through a process of research and analysis, and then the piloting and scaling of ideas. We’re a team that prides itself on moving swiftly, hitting our goals, and being willing to iterate as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support formulation of projects, milestone planning, and scoping
- Prepare project briefs when necessary
- Providing inputs for project documents
- Support in data collection eg interviews, customer feedback, and market research
- Provide logistical and field support
- Creation, execution and administration of project tasks
- Maintain and update project documentation, filing & archiving
- Proactively identify risks, issues & solutions on projects
- Independently deliver smaller initiatives/projects, as you grow into independently managing your own projects
- Any other duties as determined by Team Lead
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in the workforce with experience in some combination of market research, sales operations, and project management
- Preference towards a background in startups or fast growing organizations
- Having worked on international projects and/or the exports sector is a plus
- Can learn quickly and is hungry to grow — we see this as a launchpad for your career
- Proficient with Google Suite — Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets — and working on a virtual team
- Strong organisational skills and doesn’t let things slip; attention to detail is critical
- Yearning to solve-problems, propose solutions and build processes on a fast growing team
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills
- A high level of personal responsibility and self-discipline
- Bonus if you have a STEM background, but not compulsory
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application Deadline: 15th December 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE